Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Steak Skillet over Baked Potato recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Steak Skillet over Baked Potato recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Steak Skillet over Baked Potato recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about On This Page We Are Going To Be Taking A Look At The Many Benefits Of Coconut Oil.
Many folks don’t understand that coconut oil has many benefits to it and is actually something you need to be using regularly. Another thing I want to point out about this product is that there are plenty of different benefits available from it. You should also be aware that coconut oil is not just something you can use inside your body to be healthy but also something you can use externally. In this article we are going to be looking at a number of the benefits which are associated with the usage of coconut oil in comparison with other oils.
Another amazing side effect of using this kind of product is that coconut oil will actually help you lose some weight by increasing your metabolism. In relation to burning off calories and also burning off fat, you are going to see that coconut oil increases this by up to three times making it easier and faster to lose some weight. The to so for anybody on a weight loss program who is not shedding weight as quickly as they would like, you will probably find that a adding this into your diet can be an excellent benefit. And for individuals were trying to lose some weight but feel sluggish all of the time due to this, you’ll discover that coconut oil winds up providing you with more energy mainly because it is boosting your metabolism.
Yet another benefit of coconut oil, although this has not yet been completely proven is that it could have healing affects such as antiviral and anti bacterial. For those of you that are looking to live a healthier life you may find that getting rid of your traditional cooking oils and replace it with coconut oil can be a fantastic place to begin. There is no doubt that in time companies will be marketing coconut oil supplements, however now that you are aware of the benefits this is something you can start using today.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to steak skillet over baked potato recipe. To cook steak skillet over baked potato you only need 12 ingredients and 25 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to cook Steak Skillet over Baked Potato:
- Get 1 1⁄4 lb thin cut eye of round steak
- Take 4 medium russet or red potatoes
- Use 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- Take 2 tbsp bacon grease
- Get 1 tbsp (heaping) minced jarred garlic
- Get 1 cup half n half
- Use 1⁄2 medium red onion
- Get 2 tbsp chopped chives
- Use 1 salt and pepper to taste
- Provide 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (or more if u want)
- Get 4 dollops of sour cream
- You need 4 tbsp real bacon bits (or more if u like)
Instructions to make Steak Skillet over Baked Potato:
- preheat oven to 400
- wash potatoes and fork them all over..
- bake for 40 minutes or until soft all the way through.
- slice steak against the grain into strips. then cut the strips so they are bite sized.
- place bacon grease in a skillet and heat until hot.
- place steak pieces into skillet and toss. heat should be on medium.
- chop onion. and place onion into skillet. toss together.
- place sliced mushrooms into skillet. toss together.
- toss in chives, garlic, salt and pepper, mix well.
- (if u want to add any other veggies do this now.. great veggies to add would be chopped broccoli, green beans, green pepper, fresh baby spinach)
- by now the steak should be cooked through. add the half and half and give a good stir..
- lower heat to medium low so it is simmering, not boiling. and simmer covered for 20 minutes.
- keep an eye on it and stir occasionally, if it starts to dry out add a dash more bacon grease or add a bit of beef broth(I didn't have a problem with this)
- after 20 minutes of simmering the flavors should be well incorporated and ur potatoes should now be done.
- place a baked potato on a plate
- cut the potato in half
- cut the halves into 3rds. push together it kinda makes it look like a flower.
- pour 1⁄4 of your steak skillet on top of potato.
- sprinkle with 1⁄4 of the cheese.
- add a dollop of sour cream.
- and sprinkle with 1⁄4 of the bacon bits..
- repeat with the rest of the potatoes and steak..
- serve hot!
- TIP: u can use any type of steak u would like. I used eye of round because its cheap. russet potatoes work best but I prefer red potatoes because I like to eat the skin on red potatoes but not russet potatoes. I made mine this time without the dollop of sour cream and without the bacon bits because I ran out and cash was low. definitly better with them!
If you find this Steak Skillet over Baked Potato recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.