Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Coconut Cream Pie recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Coconut Cream Pie recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Coconut Cream Pie recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about In The Following Paragraphs We Are Going To Be Taking A Look At The A Large Amount Of Benefits Of Coconut Oil.
In this day and age of individuals are trying to live a healthier life and you’re going to see that the utilization of coconut oil can help you accomplish this. One more thing I want to point out about this product is that there are a lot of different benefits available from it. You need to also be aware that coconut oil is not just something you can use inside your body to be healthy but also something you are able to use externally. Coconut oil is far more advantageous than other oils you are able to purchase and in the following paragraphs we will be telling you why.
For individuals who have difficulties losing a few pounds you are also going to discover that coconut oil increases metabolism which helps you lose weight much easier. Mainly because coconut oil burns so quickly within your body and presents you with energy, and also speeds up your metabolism you’ll find the you are able to burn off calories three times as fast. If you happen to be one of the people trying to lose weight in America today you’ll definitely see that adding coconut oil into your daily routine is something that is going to be able to help you accomplish your goals. By speeding up your metabolism and burning off fat you need to also realize that this turns into energy in your body helping you feel more energized.
There’s currently studies being done which are leading people to the conclusion that coconut oil can possibly fight off bacterial and viral infections within the body, nevertheless this is not yet been proven. For those of you who are looking to live a healthier life you might find that eliminating your traditional cooking oils and replace it with coconut oil can be an excellent place to start. There are different vitamin companies right now contemplating the thought of advertising coconut oil as a nutritional supplement, but you are able to begin receiving the benefits from this oil today.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to coconut cream pie recipe. To cook coconut cream pie you need 18 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Coconut Cream Pie:
- Provide 1 cup milk
- You need 1 cup half & half
- Get 3 tbs flour
- Use 1 tbs corn starch
- Get 1⁄2 cup sugar
- Prepare Pinch salt
- Provide 3 egg yolks
- Take 1⁄2 tsp vanilla
- You need 1⁄2 cup coconut flakes (sweetened)
- Get Meringue
- Get 1 tbs water
- Prepare 3 egg whites
- You need 1 tsp baking powder
- Get Pie crust (makes 2)
- Prepare 2 cup flour
- Provide 2⁄3 cup butter flavored crisco
- Get 1⁄2 tsp salt
- Use Cold water to form dough
Steps to make Coconut Cream Pie:
- Pie crust
- Add salt to flour. Cut the crisco into the flour, do not over mix. Add enough cold water to form a soft dough. Do not over knead. Roll out to 1⁄8 inch thickness and place in a 9” pie pan. Bake at 350 degrees until lightly golden brown. Take out of the oven to cool.
- Cream filling
- Mix dry ingredients with the egg yolks. In a sauce pan, add milk and half & half, and bring to a boil. Add the flour egg mixture with the vanilla to the milk mixture. Stirring until the mixture is thick like a custard consistency and no lumps. Cool at room temperature. Pour into cooled pie shell.
- Add the water, baking powder and egg whites and beat on high until soft white peaks form. Top the custard with the meringue and sprinkle the top with the coconut flakes.
- Bake pie at 400 degrees for about 7 minutes until the meringue and coconut are toasted and brown.
- Cool at room temperature before putting it in the refrigerator.
If you find this Coconut Cream Pie recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.