Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Lemon and Garlic Baked Mediterranean Chicken recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Lemon and Garlic Baked Mediterranean Chicken recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Lemon and Garlic Baked Mediterranean Chicken recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Heart Friendly Foods You Must Eat.
You already know that you need to have a healthy heart. Give it some thought: How can the rest of your body stay healthy if your heart isn’t healthy? You already understand that regular workout and a healthy lifestyle are imperative in terms of the total health of your heart. But did you know that there are a number of foods that have been discovered to help you improve your heart health? In the following paragraphs, you will discover which foods are great for your heart.
Be aware that blueberries are fantastic for helping your heart be healthy. Blueberries are rich in antioxidants, especially pterostilbene. Pterostilbene is to blueberries as resveratrol is to grapes. Pterostilbene helps the body be better at breaking down fats and choelsterol. When your body is good at breaking down these things, they aren’t going to accumulate in your system and or cause issues for your heart. That, basically, helps your heart be in great condition.
There are a whole lot of foods that you can add to your diet that will be beneficial for your body. No doubt, the foods discussed in this article can help your body in numerous ways. These foods are especially beneficial for the heart, though. Begin incorporating these heart-healthy in your diet each day. Your heart will be much heartier if you do!
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to lemon and garlic baked mediterranean chicken recipe. To cook lemon and garlic baked mediterranean chicken you only need 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to cook Lemon and Garlic Baked Mediterranean Chicken:
- You need 6-8 chicken drumsticks or thighs (bone in, skin on)
- Provide Kosher salt
- Use 1.5 teaspoons dry oregano
- Use 1.5 teaspoons black pepper
- Get 3⁄4 teaspoon coriander
- Take 1⁄2 teaspoon sweet paprika
- Get 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- Take 6 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- Provide 1 small yellow onion, cut into wedges
- Provide Zest and juice of 1 lemon + 1 lemon cut into slices
- You need 1⁄8 cup extra virgin olive oil
Steps to make Lemon and Garlic Baked Mediterranean Chicken:
- Pat chicken dry and season with kosher salt, be sure to season under the skin too. If you have the time, arrange the chicken on a tray or a shallow dish and chill in the fridge uncovered for a few hours or overnight (optional.)
- Place chicken in a large zip bag. In a small bowl, combine spices (oregano, black pepper, coriander, paprika, and cumin.) Add spices to the chicken in the bag.
- Add garlic, onion, lemon zest, lemon juice, and olive oil. Zip the bag shut. Toss chicken around and massage to make sure it is well coated in the marinade. Let chicken marinade for about 30 minutes, or if you have the time, refrigerate for 2 to 4 hours, turning bag over halfway through.
- When ready, heat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Lightly oil a baking dish and arrange the chicken drumsticks and onion wedges. Pour over the marinade. Arrange lemon slices in between.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked and its juices run clear (internal temperature of chicken should register 165 degrees F using an instant read thermometer). If you like, broil for just a few minutes until skins are crispy to your liking.
- Serving suggestion - with herbed couscous mixed with peas, chopped carrots and sultanas.
If you find this Lemon and Garlic Baked Mediterranean Chicken recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.