Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Old Fashioned Pot Roast recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Old Fashioned Pot Roast recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Helping Your Heart with Food.
You already are aware that you have to have a strong and healthy heart. Here’s a thought: How can the rest of your body stay healthy if your heart is in bad shape? You already know that if you want your heart to be healthy, you need to adopt a good and healthy lifestyle and get regular exercise. Do you know, however, that some specific foods are good for making your heart feel better? If you are interested to know which foods you should be eating to improve your heart health, keep on reading.
Know that blueberries are fantastic for helping your heart be healthy. Here’s an interesting fact: Blueberries are loaded with antioxidants, in particular pterostilbene. Pterostilbene acts pretty much like the resveratrol in grapes. This specific antioxidant may be able to help your body improve its ability to break down the fat and cholesterol you consume. When your body is great at breaking down these things, they will not clog your body and or cause heart problems. What that means is that it helps keep your heart as healthy as possible.
There are plenty of foods out there that that are great for your body. The truth is that all the foods that we’ve mentioned here can help your body in lots of different ways. These foods are particularly great for the heart, however. Try to start incorporating these foods in your diet daily. Your heart will be a lot heartier if you do!
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to old fashioned pot roast recipe. You can cook old fashioned pot roast using 11 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to cook Old Fashioned Pot Roast:
- Provide beef roast
- You need flour
- Provide oil
- Prepare stalks of celery
- Get potatoes (can use new potatoes) if u use new potatoes you will many more than 4 … maybe 8
- Provide baby carrots
- Prepare onion soup mix
- Take brown gravy mix
- Prepare fresh onion (minced) divided in half
- Take water or broth
- Take salt, pepper, garlic powder…
Steps to make Old Fashioned Pot Roast:
- *** sprinkle roast liberally with pepper, and garlic powder. and lightly with season salt. I rub the seasoning into the meat by hand… the brown gravy and onion soup mix are high in sodium.
- dredge roast through flour. fry in oil until both sides are brown. doesn't have to cook just brown. this step is important to help to form gravy or thick juice.
- coursely cut up potatoes. cut celery into 2" pieces.
- put all the veggies in a bowl with 1⁄2 the onion. lightly salt add pepper. hand mix.
- put a slow cooker liner in your crockpot.
- ROAST CAN BE PUT IN A BAKING BAG OR THE PRESSURE COOKER. If pressure cooker is used. cook on Med for 45 Minutes. if you use a baking bag cook for about 1 1⁄2 hrs at 350°. if you use a crockpot cook 8-10 hrs on low or 6 hrs on high.
- the instructions are given for a crockpot. put veggies in the crockpot and put roast on top.. it will keep veggies moist. put celery and onions on top of roast.
- put onion mix and gravy mix in bowl with water or broth…mix well until dissolved pour over roast and cook for designated time as posted in #6…
- **** after roast is eaten I save the leftovers juice to boil egg noodles in. the broth can be strained and frozen for future use. I'll put that recipe on my profile.
- SOMEONE ADDED IN THE REVIEW IT TAKES 8 HRS TO BAKE… EVIDENTLY THIS PERSON HAS NOT COOKED THIS. … this roast can be cooked in a roaster that has a lid … or in an aluminum roaster covered tightly with aluminium foil… for 1 1⁄2 - 2 hrs….
- **** several people mentioned the gravy was thinner than they like…. when u get ready to cook the roast add 3 Tbsp of flour to a 1⁄2 coffee cup full of COLD water … put this in the bottom… the oils and broth from the meat will season this… in mine I mix the onion soup mix… gravy mix… and flour from frying the roast…..
If you find this Old Fashioned Pot Roast recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.