Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, if you’re looking for Chicken Verde Enchiladas recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Chicken Verde Enchiladas recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Chicken Verde Enchiladas recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Some Foods That Help Your Heart.
You already are aware that you need to have a strong and healthy heart. Here’s something for you to think about: if your heart isn’t healthy then the rest of your body won’t be either. You already know that working out on a regular basis and adopting a healthy lifestyle both factor to a great extent into the overall health of your heart. But are you aware that there are several foods that have been discovered to help you improve the health of your heart? Continue reading to learn which foods are best for your heart.
Blueberries are good for your heart. Here’s a fact: Blueberries are a rich source of antioxidants, especially pterostilbene. Pterostilbene is to blueberries as resveratrol is to grapes. This particular antioxidant helps your body to be more efficient at breaking down your fats and cholesterol. If your body has the ability to easily break down fat and cholesterol, they are not going to amass in your body or cause problems for your heart. This, basically, makes your heart as healthy as possible.
There are a whole lot of foods that you can eat that will be beneficial for your body. Without a doubt, the foods cited in this article can help your body in many ways. They are especially great, however, for helping you keep your heart healthy. Try to start incorporating these healthy foods in your diet each day. Your heart will thank you for it!
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to chicken verde enchiladas recipe. To cook chicken verde enchiladas you need 12 ingredients and 17 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Chicken Verde Enchiladas:
- Use 5 lbs chicken thighs (you will need to pre-cook and shred)
- Use 2.5 cups mild salsa verde
- Use 1⁄2 Cup Salsa Jalapena
- Use 5 cloves minced garlic
- Get 2-7 oz. Cans roasted green chilis(drain first)
- Use 1 bunch cilantro chopped (3⁄4 cup)
- Take 10 oz.can (minimum) enchilada sauce
- Use 1 lime (juice from)
- You need 4 cups shredded jack cheese
- You need 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream
- Get 24 corn tortillas(pkg. of 30)
- Provide 1 tablespoon cooking oil
Steps to make Chicken Verde Enchiladas:
- Heat oil in skillet over medium heat and saute minced garlic for 1 minute.
- Stir in the salsa verde and salsa jalapena. Then heat thoroughly.
- Remove skillet from heat and stir in sour cream and most of the cilantro saving a little for garnish.
- Taste. Add salt, pepper, or even more sour cream if sauce is too spicy.
- Set aside 2 cups of the sauce to use when assembling the enchiladas.
- Squeeze the juice of the lime all over the shredded chicken.
- Stir in shredded chicken and half of the cheese to main portion of the sauce.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray two 13x9 in. baking pans with cooking oil and spread half of the reserved sauce (minus chicken) in each baking pan.
- Put a portion of chicken mixture in each tortilla and roll, placing them in the pan side by side. (I quickly dip each tortilla in boiling water before rolling so they don't break)
- You will end up with 2 full pans of enchiladas. (Approximately 24 total)
- Pour enchilada sauce over enchiladas and add cheese to the top. I prefer jack cheese, but use what you like.
- Cover pans with aluminum foil and bake for 15 minutes.
- Then bake uncovered for another 15 minutes.
- Serve with cilantro on top.
- I make spanish rice and beans to compliment this meal.
- Link to my Spanish Rice recipe:
- Spanish Rice: Https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/11008554-spanish-rice?invite_token=RQZWEVG5tfSCLZwZBzneUxT1&shared_at=1604947576
If you find this Chicken Verde Enchiladas recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.