Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Chicken & Potato Samosas recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Chicken & Potato Samosas recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Help Your To Be Healthy And Strong with The Right Foods.
You already realize that the body requires a heart that is strong and healthy. Think about it: if your heart is unhealthy then the rest of your body won’t be healthy. You already understand that regular workout and a healthy lifestyle are crucial in terms of the general health of your heart. Do you know, however, that several specific foods are good for improving the health of your heart? If you would like to know what to eat to improve your heart health, keep on reading.
Be aware that blueberries are a fantastic source of heart healthy. You’ll be glad to know that blueberries are full of antioxidants, particularly pterostilbene. Pterostilbene acts much like the resveratrol in grapes. This antioxidant helps your body to be more efficient at breaking down your fats and cholesterol. If your body can easily break down fat and cholesterol, they will not accumulate in your body or cause problems for your heart. That, basically, helps your heart be as healthy as possible.
There are dozens (if not more) of foods that are good for your body. To be sure, the foods cited in this article can help your body in numerous ways. They are especially wonderful, though, for helping you keep your heart healthy. Try incorporating these healthy foods in your diet daily. Your heart is going to be a lot better if you do!
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to chicken & potato samosas recipe. You can cook chicken & potato samosas using 22 ingredients and 24 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Chicken & Potato Samosas:
- Use For the Filling
- Provide 9 Potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- Use 2 teaspoons Mustard Seeds
- Prepare 1 Onion, peeled and sliced
- Take Few teaspoons Vegetable Oil
- Take 2 teaspoons Crushed Ginger
- You need 1 pound Boneless Chicken Pieces
- Prepare 1⁄2 cup Water
- Provide 1 cup Frozen Peas
- Prepare 3 teaspoons Red Chilli Powder
- Provide 2 teaspoons Salt
- Provide 1 teaspoon Garam Masala
- Get 2 teaspoons Ground Cumin
- Take 2 teaspoons Ground Coriander
- Take 1⁄2 teaspoon Mango Powder
- Use Handful Fresh Coriander Leaves, chopped
- Use For the Dough
- You need 3 cups all-purpose flour, plus more as needed
- Prepare 1 tablespoon granulated suga
- Take 1 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Prepare 1⁄2 cup ghee (clarified butter) or oil
- Get 1 cup warm water
Instructions to make Chicken & Potato Samosas:
- Start by making the dough - you will need to refrigerate overnight before making the samosas.
- In a large bow,l add flour and make a well then add sugar, salt.
- Add water, and ghee or oil. Knead to form soft and sticky dough.
- Place dough on a heavily floured board and knead for about 3-4minutes. Continue to flour dough as needed to facilitate kneading. Be careful not to overdo it. Dough should be soft, elastic and smooth.
- Cover the dough and let it rest for 15 to 20 minutes.
- On a lightly floured surface, form the dough into 16 balls.
- Wrap the dough balls in plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove dough balls from fridge the next day making sure to bring them to room temperature before proceeding.
- Start making the filling while the dough balls come up to room temperature.
- Place the potatoes into a pan of water and boil them until they are cooked through. Drain out the water and then roughly mash them - leave somewhat chunky. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan. Add the mustard seeds and fry for 10 seconds until they start to pop. Add the onions and ginger and stir-fry for a few minutes.
- Add the chicken and brown on a medium heat for a few minutes. Add the water and bring to the boil. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes until the chicken is fully cooked.
- Then, take a potato masher and mash the chicken. (or use a food processor)
- Add the peas and smashed potatoes - Mix well
- Add all of the spices, the salt and the fresh coriander. Mix well
- Cover and steam on low heat for a few minutes until the peas are cooked. Allow to cool completely before using to fill samosas.
- To make the Samosas:
- Roll the dough using a lightly floured rolling pin; cut it half. Spoon a generous 1-2 tablespoons filling in the center of a half-circle; lightly moisten the dough edges with water or flour paste, using your finger. Fold the end over the filling to form a triangle, and then continue to fold up the strip in triangles, like you would a flag. Continue with remaining dough. Set samosas on tray.
- In a large sauce pan, pour vegetable oil, until it is at least 3 inches, and place on medium heat or until oil is 350 degrees.
- When ready, gently place a few samosas at a time into the saucepan.
- Fry for a few minutes until the bottom side is light brown.
- Turn over and fry for a few more minutes until the other side is light brown.
- If baking, place on a baking sheet and brush with canola oil. Then bake at 375 degrees F for about 20 minutes or more until golden brown, turning once.
- Serve warm or at room temperature with ranch dressing, raita, (mango) chutney, or tamarind sauce.
If you find this Chicken & Potato Samosas recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.