Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Sweet Potato Soup With Maple Sour Cream and Candied Bacon recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Sweet Potato Soup With Maple Sour Cream and Candied Bacon recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Heart Friendly Foods You Should Eat.
You already are aware that the body calls for the heart to be healthy. Obviously, if your heart is in bad shape then the rest of you isn’t going to be healthy too. You already know that working out on a regular basis and following a healthy lifestyle both factor heavily into the overall health of your heart. However, did you know that there are a number of foods that have been proven to help you improve the health of your heart? In this article, you will discover which foods are great for your heart.
Beans–would you believe it?–are really good for your heart. Sure, the after-effects of ingesting beans may not be the best for your nose, but they are so healthy for you. It doesn’t mean, though, that just consuming beans will undo the bad effects of consuming unhealthy foods or make your heart better by magic. What this means is that substituting in edamame or red beans for the chicken on your fresh salad or consuming a soy burger in place of the hamburger is what you should do. Fortunately, beans are really tasty and you never know…you might not even moss eating real chicken or beef.
There are many foods that you can consume that are beneficial for your body. Without a doubt, the foods listed in this article can help your body in numerous ways. They are especially wonderful, though, for promoting a healthy heart. Try introducing these healthy foods into your diet every day. Your heart will be grateful for it!
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to sweet potato soup with maple sour cream and candied bacon recipe. You can have sweet potato soup with maple sour cream and candied bacon using 17 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to cook Sweet Potato Soup With Maple Sour Cream and Candied Bacon:
- Prepare 4 tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- Prepare 2 shallots thinly sliced
- Get 4 sprigs fresh Thyme
- Use 1⁄4 cup Peels From the Sweet Potatoes
- Get 4 1⁄4 cup water
- Use 2 Pounds Sweet Potatoes
- Get 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Provide 1⁄2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- Use 1 1⁄2 teaspoons kosher salt
- Prepare 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- Use For the garnish
- You need 3 teaspoons brown sugar
- Use 1⁄2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- Take 1 cup sour cream
- Take 1⁄4 cup maple syrup
- Get 4-6 slices bacon
- Get Green onions or chives thinly sliced enough to top the soup
Steps to make Sweet Potato Soup With Maple Sour Cream and Candied Bacon:
- Peel the Sweet Potatoes saving ¼ cup of the peels. Then cut the potatoes in half-length wise, then slice ½ inch thick cuts width wise.
- Melt butter in pot then add the shallots and thyme and cook for about 5 min till soft.
- Now add the water and bring the water to just to it begins to boil and then turn off the heat and add the sweet potatoes and the peels into the pot and let everything steep for 20 min. With a cover on the pot
- After the 20 min add the Table spoon of Brown Sugar, ½ teaspoon of cider vinegar, 1 ½ teaspoons of kosher salt and ¼ teaspoon of pepper.
- Turn the heat back on and bring to almost boiling again once it reaches to a simmer cook for 10 min on medium heat.
- While you wait cut the bacon into small strips and begin to cook the bacon until crispy. Drain the fat away and then place the bacon back into the pan and add the 3 teaspoons of brown sugar and the Cider Vinegar.
- Cook until the sugar dissolves and is well coated the bacon. Place onto a plate once the bacon is done.
- Once the Potatoes are done cooking remove the thyme sprigs and spoon the potatoes and peels into the blender but only fill it about half way. Puree until smooth. Work in batches until all the potatoes and peels are completely smooth. Place back everything back into the pot.
- Mix the Sour Cream with the maple syrup
- Place the soup into the bowl add the maple sour cream and then add the candied bacon around the soup. And chives or green onions Enjoy.
If you find this Sweet Potato Soup With Maple Sour Cream and Candied Bacon recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.