Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Vegan mashed potatoes and gravy recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Vegan mashed potatoes and gravy recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Help Your Heart with Food.
You already are aware that you must have a healthy heart. Consider this: if your heart is unhealthy then the rest of your body won’t be healthy. You already know that if you want your heart to be healthy, you need to stick to a good and healthy lifestyle and work out on a regular basis. Are you aware, however, that a number of specific foods are terrific for making your heart be healthier? If you want to know which foods to eat to improve your heart health, keep reading.
Know that fish is basically the healthiest food you can eat. You’re probably already aware of this since your health care provider has advised you to ingest some fish twice or thrice every week. This is especially true for those whose hearts are not in good shape. Fish is loaded with Omega 3s which are what helps process and turn unhealthy cholesterol into healthy energy. Eat fish during at least two meals per week.
There are lots of foods that are good for your body. It’s true that everything discussed in this article can help your body in many ways. They are essentially good, though, for keeping your heart as healthy as it can be. Introduce these foods into your diet on a regular basis. Your heart will thank you!
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to vegan mashed potatoes and gravy recipe. You can cook vegan mashed potatoes and gravy using 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Vegan mashed potatoes and gravy:
- Get Mashed potatoes
- Prepare 8 large Russet potatoes (peeled)
- Use Soy milk (approximately 1 cup)
- You need Salt
- You need Gravy
- Take 1⁄3 cup flour
- Get 1 quart vegetable broth
- Get Salt
Steps to make Vegan mashed potatoes and gravy:
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. While waiting for the water to boil, peel the potatoes and cut each potato into three or four chunks to cook evenly and thoroughly.
- Add potatoes to the pot of boiling water. Cook for 20-25 minutes until a fork passes smoothly through the potato chunks
- While the potatoes are cooking, scoop 1⁄3 cup of flour into a medium pan. Add a small amount of vegetable broth and mix into until you have a fine paste. Keep adding broth and stirring, letting the paste to thin into liquid and making sure no lumps form. Add all but 1 cup of the broth. The gravy will be a little watery and will thicken when it comes to a boil. It is important to add the broth slowly and stir continously so that the gravy isn't lumpy.
- Put the pan of gravy on the stove at medium heat. Stir continuously until the gravy comes to a boil. When it reaches a boil, you will notice the gravy will thicken slightly. If the gravy is too thick, add more broth and stir. If the gravy is too watery, mix a small amount of flour with a small amount of broth in a separate container until a thick liquid forms and there are no lumps. Add small amounts of the flour-broth mixture until you get the consistency you desire. Salt to taste.
- Remove the gravy from heat.
- Strain the potatoes and place in a mixing bowl. Be careful because the potatoes will be hot.
- Slowly increase the speed of the mixer to high and add small amounts of soy milk and stir the potatoes. Continue adding soy milk and mixing until the potatoes are the desired consistency. Salt to taste.
- Dish out the mashed potatoes and top with a healthy serving of gravy. Enjoy!
If you find this Vegan mashed potatoes and gravy recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.