Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for Easy & Economical Ogre Manju recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Easy & Economical Ogre Manju recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Easy & Economical Ogre Manju recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Foods That Are Good For Your Heart.
You already are aware that you must have a fit and healthy heart. Here’s a thought: How can the rest of your body stay healthy if your heart is in unhealthy? You already know that exercising regularly and leading a healthy lifestyle both factor heavily into the overall health of your heart. Do you know, though, that several specific foods are great for making your heart feel better? In the following paragraphs, you will learn which foods are great for your heart.
Believe it or not, beans are really awesome for your heart. Sure, the after-effects of consuming beans might not be the best for your nose, but they are very healthy for you. It doesn’t mean, though, that just eating beans will undo the detrimental effects of consuming junk foods or make your heart better by magic. What we are saying is that substituting in beans or edamame for the chicken on your green salad or eating a soy burger in place of a beef hamburger is a good idea. Thankfully, beans are really tasty and you never know…you might not even moss eating the real beef or chicken.
There are tons of foods that you can add to your diet that will be great for your body. To be sure, the foods mentioned in this article can help your body in many ways. They are especially great, however, for promoting a healthy heart. Try incorporating these healthy foods in your diet daily. Your heart will thank you!
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to easy & economical ogre manju recipe. To cook easy & economical ogre manju you only need 7 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to cook Easy & Economical Ogre Manju:
- Prepare 1 Asian sweet potato
- Provide 140 grams Plain flour
- Take 1⁄2 tsp Baking powder
- Get 50 grams Sugar
- Get 1 pinch Salt
- Provide 100 ml Milk (or water)
- Get 1 tsp Alum powder (optional)
Steps to make Easy & Economical Ogre Manju:
- These are the ingredients. Don't mind the different colored sugar. Use brown sugar if you like richer flavor. Use white if you like lighter flavour.
- Cut the sweet potato into small cubes and soak in water to remove any astringency.
- If you add alum powder to the soaking water, it will enhance the colour of the potato. If not, just change the water several times.
- Add baking powder to the flour and mix well. You don't need to sift the flour.
- After soaking the potato for 30 minutes, pat dry well.
- Sprinkle a pinch of salt and sugar and mix well with your hand. Leave to rest for about 20 minutes.
- After the moisture comes out of the potato, add flour. This binds the steaming the potato cubes and the skins and prevents separation.
- Do not discard the water. Just add flour and stir. Add milk and stir (use water if you prefer).
- The moisture from the the potato contains will give a different texture to the mixture, but it will be quite thick. Adjust the texture by adding milk, water or flour.
- Place the portioned mixture on to a piece of cooking sheet (parchment paper) on a steamer. Steam over high heat for 15 minutes.
- If you don't have a steamer, refer to this recipe: http://cookpad.com/recipe/905980
- Cool down quickly using a fan and…
- Here are your steamed ogre manju! They become a little shiny after they've cooled down.
- It is quite thick and sticky. A little different from steamed bread or normal manju.
- You won't make a mess while you eat, so you can enjoy them in your car. You can give them as a gift. Wrap with cling film after it has cooled down.
If you find this Easy & Economical Ogre Manju recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.