Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, if you’re looking for Green Sour Cream Chicken Enchilada Layers recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Green Sour Cream Chicken Enchilada Layers recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Green Sour Cream Chicken Enchilada Layers recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Heart Friendly Foods You Need To Be Eating.
You already realize that the body calls for a healthy heart. Of course, if your heart isn’t healthy then the rest of you isn’t going to be healthy too. You already know that if you want your heart to be healthy, you should lead a good and healthy lifestyle and exercise regularly. However, did you know that there are several foods that have been proven to help you improve your heart health? Today, you will learn which foods are good for your heart.
Beans–seriously–are really good for your heart. Sure, the after-effects of eating beans may not be the best for your nose, but they are so healthy for you. This does not mean, though, that just ingesting beans will make your heart be much healthier or counterbalance the effects of unhealthy foods you might be eating. What we mean is that substituting in beans or edamame for the chicken on your Caesar’s salad or eating a soy burger instead of a beef hamburger is a great idea. Thankfully, beans are really tasty and you never know…you might not even miss real chicken or beef.
There are plenty of foods that are good for your body. No doubt, the foods discussed in this article can help your body in all sorts of ways. They are especially beneficial for the heart, however. Try to start incorporating these heart-healthy in your diet each day. Your heart will benefit from it!
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to green sour cream chicken enchilada layers recipe. To make green sour cream chicken enchilada layers you need 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to cook Green Sour Cream Chicken Enchilada Layers:
- You need 1.5 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast
- Get 1 tbs chili powder
- Provide 1 tsp salt
- Provide 1 tsp garlic powder
- You need 1 tsp ground cumin
- You need 1⁄8-1⁄4 tsp cayenne
- Get 1 bunch cilantro - tied with kitchen twine
- Provide Enough water to cover chicken in pot
- Provide 2 (14 oz) cans green enchilada sauce
- Provide 12 small soft white corn tortillas
- Provide 2 cups shredded cheddar jack cheese
- Prepare 2 tbs unsalted butter
- Take 2 tbs flour
- Use 3⁄4 cup sour cream
Steps to make Green Sour Cream Chicken Enchilada Layers:
- Place chicken in a 2 quart sauce pan. Sprinkle with next 5 ingredients. Top with cilantro bundle. Add enough water to cover chicken by 1 inch. Cover. Bring to a boil over medium high heat. Reduce heat to medium low. Simmer 15-20 minutes.
- Drain chicken. Use 2 forks to carefully shred. Place shredded chicken in a bowl. Pour 3⁄4 of the first can of sauce over chicken. Stir to combine. Pour remaining 1⁄4 can of sauce in bottom of a 6x8 casserole (usually a 2 quart). Swirl to coat. Set both aside.
- Rinse sauce pan used to cook chicken. Place on stove over medium heat. Add butter. When melted wisk in flour for 1 minute. Wisk in second can of sauce until thickened.
- When sauce has thickened remove from heat. Let sit off heat for about 2 minutes to cool slightly. Wisk in sour cream.
- Assemble: arrange 4 tortillas on top of sauce in dish (they will be overlapping), arrange half the chicken evenly over tortillas, sprinkle 1⁄2 cup cheese over chicken, drizzle 1⁄3 of the sour cream sauce over cheese. Top with four more tortillas, second half of chicken another 1⁄2 cup of cheese and another 1⁄3 of the sauce. Finish with last 4 tortillas, then remaining sauce. Finally sprinkle evenly with last cup of cheese.
- Bake in a preheated 400° oven for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and golden. Let rest 5-10 minutes before serving. Cut into 6-8 pieces. Serve with Mexican inspired sides if desired. Enjoy!
If you find this Green Sour Cream Chicken Enchilada Layers recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.