Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, if you’re looking for Chicken Tagine with Honeynut Squash recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Chicken Tagine with Honeynut Squash recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Chicken Tagine with Honeynut Squash recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Helping Your Heart with Food.
You already are aware that the body calls for a healthy heart. Give it some thought: How can the rest of your body remain healthy if your heart isn’t healthy? You already understand that regular workout and a healthy lifestyle are imperative in terms of the general health of your heart. Do you know, however, that there are some foods that can help your heart be healthy? Keep on reading to discover which foods are beneficial for your heart.
Remember when your mother and father would remind you that an apple a day keeps the doctor away? The truth is that apples contain loads of terrific stuff in them to help keep your heart healthy. Apples are rich in soluble fiber which works as a scrubber on your artery walls, keeping the cholesterol from taking hold and causing blockages. A single Red Delicious apple each day can make your LDL cholesterol levels decrease by as much as 8 percent! That’s a great number if you’re endeavoring to improve the health of your heart!
There are plenty of foods out there that that are great for your body. The truth is that each of the foods that we’ve mentioned here can help your body in lots of different ways. These foods are essentially good for the heart, however. Try incorporating these heart-healthy in your diet daily. Your heart will greatly benefit from it!
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to chicken tagine with honeynut squash recipe. To cook chicken tagine with honeynut squash you only need 20 ingredients and 23 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Chicken Tagine with Honeynut Squash:
- Provide 2 Tbsp ras el hanout (recipe in method)
- You need 2.5 tsp salt
- Get 1⁄2 tsp black pepper
- Get 2 Tbsp olive oil
- You need 1 lb chicken thighs, cut into chunks
- Take 1 onion, sliced
- You need 4 cloves garlic smashed
- Use 2 inch knob ginger, grated
- Take 3⁄4 cup dried apricots, quartered
- Take 1 (14 oz) can diced tomatoes
- You need 2 cups hot water
- Provide 1 Bou chicken bouillon cube
- Prepare 1 cup diced squash
- Use 1 cup pitted green olives, halved
- Prepare 2 Tbsp ghee or oil
- Prepare 8 oz frozen spinach, thawed
- Prepare 1 cup parked couscous
- Use 1 cup cilantro, chopped
- Provide 1 lemon
- Use 1⁄4 cup pistachios, chopped
Instructions to make Chicken Tagine with Honeynut Squash:
- If you're using a traditional tagine, begin by preheating the oven with tagine inside at 325F. If you don't have a tagine, you can do this recipe on the stove top in a Dutch oven and transfer to the oven later on.
- Combine the olive oil, ras el hanout, salt, and pepper in a small bowl.
- Ras el hanout: 12 green cardamom pods. 4 black cardamom pods. 4 tsp cumin seeds. 4 tsp coriander seeds. 2 tsp anise seeds. 1⁄2 tsp allspice berries. 1⁄4 tsp black peppercorns. 4 tsp ground ginger. 2 tsp nutmeg. 2 tsp Aleppo pepper. 2 tsp cinnamon. Grind all in spice mill. If you want to use a premixed Moroccan spice blend that's fine too.
- Add half the spice paste to the chicken and mix.
- Add the ginger to remaining spice mix.
- Dissolve the bouillon cube in 2 cups of hot water.
- Combine the onion and garlic in a bowl.
- Combine the apricot and tomato in a bowl
- Combine the olives and squash in a bowl.
- Heat the ghee in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion and garlic and brown.
- Add the remaining spice mix and cook until fragrant.
- Add the onion mixture to the tagine
- Deglaze the skillet with the tomatoes, apricots and 1⁄2 cup of the stock.
- Transfer the tomatoes to the tagine.
- Nestle the chicken into the tagine
- Cover with the lid and bake for 45 min.
- Add the squash and the olives and continue baking for another 30-45 min.
- Meanwhile, combine the cilantro, the zest of the lemon, the juice of the lemon, and the pistachios.
- Add the remaining 1.5 cups stock to a small pot. Bring to a boil and add the couscous. Cook on low, covered for 10 min followed by removing from heat and letting sit to steam.
- When the squash is tender, add the spinach over top and continue cooking for 10 min.
- Remove the tagine from the oven and top with the cilantro mixture.
- Serve in deep bowls with the couscous and lots of the tagine.
If you find this Chicken Tagine with Honeynut Squash recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.