Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Southern Thai-style Roast Chicken recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Southern Thai-style Roast Chicken recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Help Your Heart with The Right Foods.
You already are aware that you should have a strong and healthy heart. Here’s something for you to think about: if your heart isn’t fit then the rest of you won’t be healthy. You already know that regular workout and a healthy lifestyle are vital in terms of the total health of your heart. Do you know, though, that there are a number of foods that can help your heart be healthier? If you want to know which foods to eat to improve your heart health, go on reading.
Know that fish is basically the healthiest food you can include in your diet. You probably know this as you’ve likely been told to see to it that you eat fish at least a couple of times a week. This is especially true if there are some issues with your heart or if your heart is in not too good a shape. Fish has lots of Omega 3’s which are what lets your body break down unhealthy cholesterol. Try to eat fish in at least two meals each week.
There are a whole lot of foods that you can include in your diet that will be beneficial for your body. The truth is that everything that we’ve talked about here can help your body in many ways. They are especially terrific, though, for promoting a healthy heart. Try introducing these heart-healthy foods into your diet regularly. Your heart will be a lot heartier if you do!
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to southern thai-style roast chicken recipe. To make southern thai-style roast chicken you only need 17 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to cook Southern Thai-style Roast Chicken:
- Use 1 kilogram (about 2.2 pounds) chicken pieces (skin-on breasts, wings, drumsticks etc.)
- Take 1 tablespoon white pepper
- Prepare 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- Get 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
- Take 3 coriander roots
- Prepare 1 teaspoon cumin
- Prepare 8 shallots
- Take 6 cloves garlic
- Get 1 1⁄2 tablespoon oyster sauce
- Provide 1 1⁄2 tablespoon soy sauce
- Use 1 tablespoon brown or granulated sugar
- Prepare 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Provide 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour (optional)
- Prepare 2 tablespoon limewater (optional)
- You need Fried shallots (to serve)
- Prepare Steamed glutinous rice (to serve)
- You need Sweet chili sauce (to serve)
Steps to make Southern Thai-style Roast Chicken:
- Clean the chicken pieces under running water, prick them all over with a fork so the marinade could better seep in and leave to dry while you make the marinade.
- Using a mortar and pestle or a food processor, grind together white and black pepper, coriander seeds and roots, cumin, garlic and shallots.
- Transfer the spice and herb mixture to a large bowl in which the chicken will be marinated, add oyster and soy sauce, salt and sugar and stir them together with a spoon to form a thick paste.
- Add the chicken pieces and coat them evenly with the marinade. Cover with plastic wrap and leave to marinade in the refrigerator for 3 hours to overnight.
- Preheat oven to 225°C(437°F)
- For extra crispy chicken skin, add the all-purpose flour and limewater to the chicken and toss to coat before baking. You can skip this step.
- Transfer the chicken to the lightly-oiled baking sheet and bake until done, 20-30 minutes.
- In the meantime you could make the fried shallots by slicing raw shallots and tossing them with some sugar, salt, ground white pepper and coriander seeds and all-purpose flour. Deep fry them in hot oil until golden-brown or put on a baking sheet and bake along with the chicken, toss and turn occasionally so they cook evenly.
- Serve the chicken over sticky rice, topped with fried shallots and with sweet chili sauce on the side.
If you find this Southern Thai-style Roast Chicken recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.