Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Homemade Deep Dish Pizza in a Cast Iron Skillet recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Homemade Deep Dish Pizza in a Cast Iron Skillet recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Homemade Deep Dish Pizza in a Cast Iron Skillet recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Coconut Oil Is Really A Great Product And Can In Addition Be Advantageous For Your Health.
In this day and age of folks are trying to live a healthier life and you are going to see that the usage of coconut oil will help you accomplish this. Another thing I would like to point out about this product is that there are tons of different benefits available from it. You need to also be aware that coconut oil is not just something you can use inside your body to be healthy but also something you can use externally. If you are wondering what a few of these benefits are you should be happy to realize that we are going to be explaining to you on this page what some of these benefits may be.
I’m sure you’ve never given consideration to opening up a bottle of vegetable oil and rubbing it on your skin and hair, but if you do this with coconut oil it can present you with loads of benefits. You are going to see that this will in fact help anybody who may possess some type of a skin rash as the ingredients in coconut oil provides a healing effect. There are various other benefits of using this on your skin such as the fact that it can present you with a younger look and it’s also packed with antioxidants which can be absorbed in the skin.
An additional benefit of coconut oil, although this has not yet been totally proven is that it could have healing affects for instance antiviral and anti bacterial. One of the greatest things you’re going to have the ability to do for your body is to begin using coconut oil rather than the other oils that you may possibly be using at this current time. There’s no doubt that in time companies are going to be advertising coconut oil supplements, nevertheless now that you are aware of the benefits this is something you can start using today.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to homemade deep dish pizza in a cast iron skillet recipe. To cook homemade deep dish pizza in a cast iron skillet you only need 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to cook Homemade Deep Dish Pizza in a Cast Iron Skillet:
- Use 2 cups unbleached bread flour
- Prepare 1⁄4 package cornbread mix
- Prepare 1.5 tablespoons active dry yeast
- Provide 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Prepare 1 cup water
- Get 1 teaspoon Garlic powder
- You need 1 tablespoon ground pepper
- Prepare 1 teaspoon salt
- Get 1-2 Cups cheese (mozzarella)
- You need 1⁄2 cup Alfredo sauce (you can use any type of pizza/pasta sauce. thicker less watery sauces are best for crunchy crusts!)
- Use 2-3 spicy Italian sausages
- You need 1 Avocado
- Take 1 tablespoon lime juice
Steps to make Homemade Deep Dish Pizza in a Cast Iron Skillet:
- Preparing the dough- - Combine bread flour, cornbread mix, yeast, and seasonings (ground pepper, garlic powder, salt) to a large bowl and mix together evenly. Add water and mix until there is no flour left in the bowl and your dough is the proper texture. Cover and let sit for 8-12 hours (less if you use warm water)
- 2nd step for dough- - Uncover the dough which has doubled in size, add your olive oil and mix it into the dough. Drizzle a handful of flour over the top, Mix the flour into the dough and let it rise for another 30 mins.
- Knead the dough on a well floured surface, being sure to fold the dough into itself adding flour along the way if it starts to get sticky. Then store the dough in the fridge overnight.
- Making the Pizza- - Generously coat a deep skillet with olive oil and add your dough after it has thawed for 10+ minutes. Begin to shape the dough into the pan, eventually creating an inch high crust along the sides. Let it rise while preparing the rest of the ingredients.
- Preparing the toppings- - Slice up your Italian sausages and microwave them wrapped in paper towel to remove some of the moisture. Cut avocados into slices and add to a bag with lime juice and shake them up.
- Assembling the pizza- - First, add layer of cheese then slowly drip your sauce evenly over the cheese (it is harder to spread this way without displacing the cheese). Add your slices of sausage in a circular pattern, then add avocado slices between the sausage.
- Bake on 450 degrees farenheight for 20-30 minutes depending on the size/thickness of your pizza. Let it rest for 15 minutes before cutting into and enjoy!
If you find this Homemade Deep Dish Pizza in a Cast Iron Skillet recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.