Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Barbecue Chicken Empanadas recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Barbecue Chicken Empanadas recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Heart Friendly Foods You Should Eat.
You already realize that the body calls for the heart to be healthy. Think about it: if your heart isn’t fit then the rest of your body won’t be healthy either. You already know that if you want your heart to be healthy, you must lead a good and healthy lifestyle and get regular exercise. Did you know, though, that a number of specific foods are terrific for improving the health of your heart? Continue reading to find out which foods are beneficial for your heart.
Blueberries are terrific for your heart. You’ll be happy to know that blueberries are loaded with antioxidants, in particular pterostilbene. Pterostilbene is to blueberries as resveratrol is to grapes. This specific antioxidant may be able to help your body improve its ability to process the fat and cholesterol you take in. The easier it is for your body to process fat and cholesterol, the less likely it is for those things to clog your system and cause problems for your heart. What that means is that it helps keep your heart healthy.
There are many foods that you can eat that are beneficial for your body. Without a doubt, the foods cited in this article can help your body in numerous ways. They are especially good, though, for making your heart healthy as it possibly can. Introduce these foods into your diet every day. Your heart will greatly benefit from it!
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to barbecue chicken empanadas recipe. To make barbecue chicken empanadas you only need 11 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Barbecue Chicken Empanadas:
- Take 4 Bone-in chicken breasts (about 2 cups shredded)
- Take 2 Corn on the cob (to yield about 1⁄2 cup kernels)
- Use 1 tbsp Olive oil
- You need 2 medium Potatoes, peeled and diced (about 1 cup)
- Take 1 small Sweet onion, finely chopped (about 1⁄4 cup)
- Use 2 Fresh jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped, (about 2 tablespoons)
- Get 3 large Garlic cloves, minced
- Provide 1 cup Barbecue Sauce
- Get 1 Egg white
- Get 1 packages Empanada discs (14 ounce package, found in frozen section of most markets), thawed overnight in refrigerator or a couple of hours on countertop (leave in package to thaw).
- Prepare 1 Few springs fresh cilantro for garnish
Steps to make Barbecue Chicken Empanadas:
- Place chicken in a large stock pot and add water to cover chicken. Bring to a boil, then immediately turn heat to low. Simmer for 20 minutes. Turn off heat, remove chicken from water and place on a plate to cool. Once cooled, pull chicken from bones into fine shreds. Measure out 2 cups and set aside. *Note: Do NOT overcook chicken, or the meat will be chewy. It will continue to cook during baking.
- Heat a heavy cast iron grill pan over high heat and add corn, turning cobs frequently until blackened in several spots, about 4 minutes per 4 sides. Remove from pan, let cool. Slice kernels from cobs and measure out 1⁄2 cup and set aside.
- Heat large saute pan over medium heat and add 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add diced potatoes and stir fry for approximately 10 minutes, until potatoes are soft and golden brown. Add chopped onion and chopped jalapeno and stir fry for an additional 5 minutes. Add minced garlic and continue to stir fry for another 2 minutes, so as not to burn the garlic.
- Lower heat to medium low, add shredded chicken, corn kernels, and 1 cup of barbecue sauce to pan and gently fold ingredients together to cover with sauce. Simmer mixture for about 5 minutes. Turn off heat and allow mixture to cool in pan.
- At this point, preheat oven to 350°F.
- Gently separate dough disks and, using a rolling pin, place each disc on a piece of wax paper and roll each disc out until each is about 1 inch larger in diameter. Scoop out 1⁄4 cup of filling and spread horizontally along the center of each empanada disc. Gently bring the bottom edge over the filling and press to the top of the disc to form a semi-circle and press firmly together to seal. Starting from one corner of the empanada to the other end, pinch to seal or simply crimp together with a fork. Set side-by-side down the length of a parchment-lined half baking sheet. You should have 10 filled empanadas with leftover filling that will go well as a topping over rice.
- Whip egg white until foamy and, using a pastry brush, lightly brush tops (including crimped parts) of each filled empanada.
- Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes, until tops of empanadas are golden brown.
- Remove from oven, let cool for 5 minutes, and serve.
- *Serve alongside barbecue rice and garnish with fresh cilantro.
- Note: Filling can be made ahead and stored in the refrigerator overnight.
If you find this Barbecue Chicken Empanadas recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.