Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Low fat healthy clam chowder recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Low fat healthy clam chowder recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Help Your Heart with Food.
You already are aware that you have to have a fit and healthy heart. Obviously, if your heart is unhealthy then the rest of you isn’t going to be healthy either. You already understand that daily exercise and a healthy lifestyle are important in terms of the general health of your heart. Did you already know, though, that there are some foods that can help your heart be healthy? Continue reading to learn which foods are beneficial for your heart.
Know that blueberries are good for the health of your heart. You’ll be happy to know that blueberries are rich in antioxidants, especially pterostilbene. Pterostilbene is to blueberries as resveratrol is to grapes. This specific antioxidant assists your body to be a lot better at processing your fats and cholesterol. If your body is able to easily process fat and cholesterol, they are not going to build up in your body or cause heart problems. What that means is that it helps keep your heart as healthy as it can be.
There are lots of foods you will find that that are terrific for your body. Without a doubt, the foods discussed in this article can help your body in all sorts of ways. They are especially good, though, for promoting a healthy heart. Try introducing these heart-healthy foods into your diet on a regular basis. Your heart will be much healthier if you do!
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to low fat healthy clam chowder recipe. You can have low fat healthy clam chowder using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to make Low fat healthy clam chowder:
- You need 1 can chopped clams (approximately 6.5 ounces)
- Get 1 parsnip
- Take 1 medium potato or 2 small potatoes
- You need 1 small carrot
- Prepare 1⁄2 stalk celery
- Use 1⁄2 bell pepper
- Take 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Provide 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- Get 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- Use 1⁄2 a bay leaf
- Provide 1⁄8 teaspoon dried thyme
- Use 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- Use .25 cups unsweetened soy milk or nonfat milk
- Prepare Fresh curly parsley to garnish
- Provide Sourdough bread
Steps to make Low fat healthy clam chowder:
- Wash, peel and chop the parsnip. Place in a pot with water and boil until soft.
- Purée the parsnips with an immersion blender and pour back into the pan.
- Wash, peel and chop the carrots. Wash and chop the potatoes. Add to the pan along with salt, herbs and spices. Open and drain liquid from clams into a bowl. Add to pot.
- Turn stove on medium low and simmer for about 5 minutes until the carrots and potatoes are a little soft. Stir frequently.
- When the carrots and potatoes are about half cooked, add chopped celery and peppers. Cook until all veggies are soft. Remove pan from heat and add soy milk and clams.
- Remove bay leaf. Garnish with chopped fresh parsley, serve with crusty sourdough bread and enjoy.
If you find this Low fat healthy clam chowder recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.