Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Broccolli Cheddar Soup recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Broccolli Cheddar Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Broccolli Cheddar Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Help Your To Be Healthy And Strong with Food.
You already are aware that the body requires a healthy heart. Of course, if your heart is in bad shape then the rest of you isn’t going to be healthy also. You already know that exercising regularly and sticking to a healthy lifestyle both factor greatly into the overall health of your heart. However, did you know that there are several foods that have been found to help you improve the health of your heart? In the following paragraphs, you will learn which foods are great for your heart.
Blueberries are great for the health of your heart. You’ll be happy to know that blueberries are loaded with antioxidants, especially pterostilbene. Pterostilbene works just like the resveratrol found in grapes. This specific antioxidant can help your body improve its ability to process the fat and cholesterol you take in. If your body has the ability to easily process fat and cholesterol, they won’t accumulate in your body or cause problems for your heart. This, then, makes your heart as healthy as possible.
There are a whole lot of foods that you can add to your diet that will be good for your body. It’s true that everything mentioned in this article can help your body in a variety of ways. These foods are essentially good for the heart, though. Begin incorporating these foods in your diet on a regular basis. Your heart will be much healthier if you do!
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to broccolli cheddar soup recipe. To make broccolli cheddar soup you only need 13 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Broccolli Cheddar Soup:
- You need 6 Tablespoons Butter (2 tbls/ 4 tbls)
- Use 1 medium sweet yellow Onion diced
- You need 1 clove Garlic minced
- Take 1⁄3 Cup Flour
- Prepare 2 Cups Chicken Stock/broth
- Take 4 Cups Half n Half
- Provide 6 Cups chopped Broccolli
- Get 2 large Carrots peeled and sliced thin (1⁄16 inch slices)
- Provide 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Prepare 3⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Prepare 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Prepare 16 oz. medium sharp Cheddar Cheese grated
- Get Saute onion in
Steps to make Broccolli Cheddar Soup:
- Saute onions in 2 tablespoons of butter until onions is caramelized and looks translucent.
- Add minced garlic to onions and saute 1 minute max while stirring constantly. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large soup pot with weighted bottom (if possible so soup doesn't stick) add the other 4 tablespoons of butter, flour, and cook on medium heat for approx. 5 minutes while whisking constantly with wire whip until mixture is thickened. This is an important step. If this mixture doesn't thinking properly, soup will not thicken later in the process.
- Slowly add the chicken stock/broth while whisking constantly.
- Slowly add Half n Half while whisking constantly. Simmer on low temp for about 20 minutes.
- Then add broccolli, carrots, and the onions and garlic mixture you set aside earlier. Also add salt, pepper, and cayenne. Simmer for another 20-25 minutes. By this time, soup should have thickened some. Whisk often to break up skim that forms on top of soup.
- Go ahead and stir in most, but not all of the cheese saving some for garnish. Give cheese a chance to melt. (About 1 minute DO NOT use pre-grated cheese! The flavor is just not there and that's crucial to this soup.
- At this point, go ahead and serve soup into individual bowls and add a little cheese to the top of each bowl. If you have kids, add a few goldfish crackers to peak their interest.
- Leftover soup can be kept in air tight containers for 1 week only! Warm in microwave. Enjoy!
If you find this Broccolli Cheddar Soup recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.