Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Spiced Ginger Steak with Spring Onions and Potatoes recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Spiced Ginger Steak with Spring Onions and Potatoes recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Foods That Help Your Heart.
You already realize that the body calls for a heart that is strong and healthy. Here’s a thought: How can the rest of your body stay healthy if your heart is in bad shape? You already know that if you want your heart to be healthy, you must stick to a good and healthy lifestyle and get regular exercise. But did you know that there are a number of foods that have been discovered to help you improve your heart health? Keep on reading to learn which foods are beneficial for your heart.
Beans, unbelievably, are really good for your heart. It’s true that your nose won’t appreciate them so much, especially the after effects of consuming beans, but they’re extremely healthy food items. This doesn’t mean that simply eating beans will weaken the effects of other bad foods you might be consuming. What we do mean is that substituting in beans or edamame for the chicken on your salad or eating a soy burger rather than a beef hamburger is a superb idea. Thankfully, beans are delicious and you never know, you might prefer them to your beefburgers and chicken.
There are plenty of foods that you can consume that are beneficial for your body. No doubt, the foods cited in this article can help your body in all sorts of ways. The foods mentioned are essentially beneficial for the heart, though. Incorporate these healthy foods in your diet daily. Your heart will benefit greatly!
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to spiced ginger steak with spring onions and potatoes recipe. To cook spiced ginger steak with spring onions and potatoes you only need 11 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to cook Spiced Ginger Steak with Spring Onions and Potatoes:
- Get 2 sirloin steaks, 1⁄2 lb each, about 3⁄4 inch thick
- Provide 4 medium sized spring onions
- You need 2 large russet potatoes
- Get 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- You need 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Take 1 teaspoon freshly ground black peppercorn
- Take 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- You need 1⁄2-1 teaspoon freshly ground coriander
- Prepare 1 tablespoon butter
- You need 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Prepare bacon for baked potato topping
Steps to make Spiced Ginger Steak with Spring Onions and Potatoes:
- Preheat your oven to 450°F
- Wash your potatoes. Cut two slits in each potato about halfway through and pop out the wedges. Set them aside.
- Stuff the slots in the potatoes with butter, and replace the wedge.
- Wrap the potatoes in aluminum foil, and place directly on the oven rack. Bake them for one hour.
- Rinse your steaks, and lightly pat them dry. Make sure to pick steaks that are not too thin, and have the best marble of fat throughout when you're at the supermarket. The better the marble, the better the flavor!
- Combine the minced garlic, sea salt, coriander, ginger, and black pepper to make the rub for the steaks.
- Rub this mixture onto the steaks generously. If you are a fan of ginger, or would like more coriander, add more!
- Preheat a nonstick skillet on medium high heat for a minute or two, with the canola oil inside. While this is heating, cut up your spring onions. - Split the bulbs in halves, or quarters (whichever you prefer) and dice up as much of the greens as you'd like for the baked potato topping. Save the rest of the greens for a later meal (I usually plan nachos in the same week!)
- Place your steaks onto the skillet and leave them, moving them as little as possible. Try to only flip them once or twice, as this keeps them juicy, but gives them a nice crispy sear! Cook until your desired color. For a medium well, i let mine cook about 6 minutes each side. - (Although i did check with a meat thermometer afterwards)
- Once the steaks are almost finished, add the spring onions to your skillet, and stir them occasionally. They're done once they've blackened a little.
- If you are adding bacon to your potatoes, throw it in the pan now! I keep a few slices in the freezer constantly for this purpose. It's much easier to cut into little pieces when it's frozen!
- Remove your potatoes from the oven, and after the aluminum cools for a few minutes, remove the foil and garnish the potatoes to your liking. We do cheddar, bacon, sour cream and the greens of the onions. Top your steaks with the fried sprinf onions, and serve!
If you find this Spiced Ginger Steak with Spring Onions and Potatoes recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.