Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Healthier Baked Chicken Parmesan recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Healthier Baked Chicken Parmesan recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about A Lot Of You Might Not Understand This But Coconut Oil Can Have Great Health Advantages To It.
In this day and age of folks are trying to live a healthier life and you will find that the utilization of coconut oil will assist you to accomplish this. Unlike other products you can purchase available today this product will have a wide variety of health benefits for your body. Something else I want to mention concerning the use of coconut oil is that it is not only a thing that can be used internally or externally, it’s something which can be used for both. If you are wondering what some of these benefits are you should be glad to know that we are going to be explaining to you in this article what a few of these benefits may be.
Another amazing side effect of utilizing this type of product is that coconut oil will actually help you drop some weight by increasing your metabolism. When it comes to burning off calories and also burning off fat, you are going to find that coconut oil increases this by up to three times making it easier and faster to lose some weight. The to so for any person on a weight loss plan who is not shedding weight as quickly as they’d like, you might find that a adding this into your diet can be a fantastic benefit. And of course mainly because your body is burning off calories you are also producing energy which is just another added benefit.
One more thing I would like to point out is that there’ve actually been research performed which show that coconut oil may have anti bacterial an antiviral effects on the body. Should you have other oils in your house I would recommend removing them and replacing them with coconut oil due to the many benefits that can be associated with it. Something you may or may not recognize is that within a very short period of time there will be vitamin supplement companies promoting the utilization of coconut oil supplements, but you can get the jump on this.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to healthier baked chicken parmesan recipe. You can have healthier baked chicken parmesan using 15 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Healthier Baked Chicken Parmesan:
- Provide 1⁄2 loaf crusty rye bread
- Provide 1 lb skinless chicken breasts
- Prepare 2 cups buttermilk, divided
- You need 2 cloves garlic minced
- Get salt and pepper
- Prepare 1 tsp garlic powder
- You need 1 tsp salt
- Provide 2 tsp italian seasoning
- Prepare 4 oz fresh grated parmigian reggiano
- Use 2 cups whole wheat flour
- Take 4 egg whites or 1 cup greek yogurt
- Get 2 cups pasta sauce
- Provide 1⁄2 cup shredded mozzarella and provologne
- You need 125 g fresh mozzarella
- Take fresh basil and oregano as garnish
Steps to make Healthier Baked Chicken Parmesan:
- Cut half of the bread loaf into 1⁄2 inch slices. Lay out on the counter on a cutting board or somewhere it won't be messed with. We'll be drying these pieces overnight.
- Filet the chicken (make two thinner breasts!). Then using plastic wrap and something with some heft, or a meat mallet if you wanna be proper (I usually use a can of beans or whatever else is lying around) to pound the filets to a 1⁄4 in thick. Don't be like me and make it a contest to see how thin you can get the chicken, doesn't fare well for anyone involved.
- As they are thinned out place the chicken in a plastic bag. When complete add the buttermilk, garlic, and 1 tbsp salt and pepper to the bag. Work it around to miz up the ingredienta and make sure all the chicken is coated. Then squeeze out the air and place in the fridge. Let chill for 4 hrs up to over night.
- The next day or at last 4 hours later take your dried bread and start to break it apart. I put it in a ziplock bag and smashed it, but you can wreak havoc on the bread however you heart desires. break it down enough to put it in the food processor (or blender if you have one that can handle mixing solids).
- I used my vitamix and ran the blender on low until you have a sandy consistency. Kinda like bread crumbs, in case you hadn't caught on that's what we're making. Add the garlic powder, salt, pepper, and italian seasoning to the crumb and about 1⁄2 of the parmigian. Blend for a few seconds until it looks well mixed. Then add the next half and blend. Voila! You just made homemade bread crumbs that will taste much better than store bought. You can store the bread crumbs for up to a month in the fridge.
- Now it's time to set up you're breading work area. It's really important to get it right. If you do, the process should be relatively clean and quick. If you don't you'll have egg and flour everywhere. You'll need three shallow bowls/pie pans, a large plate, and parchment paper. You're going to fill one bowl with about 1⁄2 cup of breading, one bowl with the whole wheat flour and another bowl with your wash. To make the wash you can either combine eggs, 2 tbsp buttermilk and a tbsp of flour, or the greek yogurt
- Now we're ready to start breading. Grab the bag of chicken from the fridge and open that bad boy up. (Note: If while you are doing this you keep a dry hand, for working with the dry ingredients, and make your other hand the wet hand. This will prevent you from developing those small nuggets of useless breading on your hands.)
- First, the chicken goes straight from the bag to the flour. If you drop it on one side of the bowl you can pick up the flour from the other side to coat the top, so you can hopefully keep your dry hand liquid free. Flip a couple times to coat all sides.
- Then move the chicken to the wash. Using your wet hand flip the cutlet a couple times until it is covered entirely with the wash.
- Transfer to the bread crumbs. Once again to prevent a mess you can take bread crumbs from the side or pour some from the remaining half over the chicken. If working with the yogurt press down on the breading to get a flat uniform product. It will appear chunky and cook unevenly. Flip a couple of times to make sure all of the wash is covered. Transfer to the large plate.
- Repeat this process for all the chicken, filling up on ingredients as they get low. When you have one layer of chicken on the plate cover with parchment paper and lay the chicken on top of that. Preheat oven to 400F(~200C)
- Place the chicken in a glass casserole dish and lighhtly spray both sides with vegetable or olive oil. Put in oven for 20 minutes. If at 20 minutes the chicken is still not brown enough turn the broiler on high until you get a nice golden brown
- Top with tomato sauce, shredded cheese, and fresh mozzarella. Put back in the oven with the broiler stil on high for ten minutes or until the cheese is bubbling and golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool/rest for about 5 minutes. Serve with whole grain pasta served with some fresh chopped herbs.
If you find this Healthier Baked Chicken Parmesan recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.