Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Baked Ziti - Tuscan Flavored recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Baked Ziti - Tuscan Flavored recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Heart Friendly Foods You Need To Be Eating.
You already are certain that you should have a healthy heart. Consider this: if your heart is not healthy then the rest of your body won’t be healthy. You already know that daily exercise and a healthy lifestyle are crucial in terms of the total health of your heart. However, did you know that there are some foods that have been found to help you improve the health of your heart? Today, you will find out which foods are beneficial for your heart.
Can you remember being told by your parents “an apple a day keeps the doctor away”? The truth is that apples contain many minerals and elements that keep your heart healthy. They are rich in soluble fiber which scrubs your artery walls so that cholesterol and fat can’t form into plaques or cause clogging. Eating a single Red Delicious apple each day can trigger as much as an eight percent decrease in your LDL levels. That’s a terrific number for an individual who wants a healthier heart.
There are dozens (if not more) of foods that are great for your body. The truth is that each of the foods that we’ve mentioned here can help your body in many ways. They are especially great, though, for making your heart healthy as it possibly can. Begin incorporating these foods in your diet each day. Your heart will thank you for it!
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to baked ziti - tuscan flavored recipe. To make baked ziti - tuscan flavored you need 15 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Baked Ziti - Tuscan Flavored:
- Use eggplant (peeled, sliced 1/2”)
- Provide zucchini (sliced 1/2”)
- Provide plum tomatoes (sliced in half – lengthwise)
- Provide red onion (halved – lengthwise)
- Use Drizzle of olive oil
- Get Italian sausage (mild or hot)
- You need whole, pitted black olives (sliced in half)
- Use roasted red bell peppers (chopped)
- Get Drizzle of balsamic vinegar
- Prepare Pasta - Penne or Ziti
- Provide large jar (32oz) or more, tomato sauce
- You need red pepper flakes
- Take fresh basil (chopped)
- Use fresh shredded mozzarella cheese
- Take fresh flat leaf parsley (chopped)
Steps to make Baked Ziti - Tuscan Flavored:
- Heat grill to medium temperature.
- Place the first four prepared vegetables on a platter for grilling. Drizzle all the vegetables lightly with olive oil. [A bit heavier with the eggplant]
- Place the slices on the grill (oil side down) and reduce the grill temp to low – medium. Brush olive oil on the tops. Grill for 7 minutes, then 5 minutes on the other side. [Keep tomatoes to a lower temp side of the grill]
- Remove the vegetables to a platter, but leave the onion to grill a bit more. Place the sausage(s) on the grill and cook for about 5 minutes per side. Remove the sausage and onion to a plate and let cool.
- On a cutting board, slice the grilled vegetables into bite-sized portions. Place them into a large bowl. Add the black olives and roasted red bell peppers. Drizzle the bowl ingredients with balsamic vinegar.
- On a cutting board, slice the sausage into 1/2” slices. Place these pieces on a plate.
- Prepare pasta according to package instructions for a slightly al dente firmness. Drain the pasta (do not rinse) and drizzle with olive oil while mixing.
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Take a very large lasagna pan (or deep dish pan) and coat the bottom of the pan with a bit of the tomato sauce. Add the pasta and then the vegetables and spread evenly. Place the sausage pieces on top.
- Spread the rest of the tomato sauce on top and add a dash of red pepper flakes (lightly) to areas of the sauce. Top the sauce with fresh basil and now the cheese. Place the pan in the heated oven.
- Bake covered (aluminum foil) for 25 minutes. Remove foil and bake an additional 15 minutes to brown the cheese. Remove the pan and allow it to cool for 15 minutes. Top with parsley.
- Use a large serving spoon or spatula to serve. Enjoy with toasted garlic bread and northern Italian red wine.
If you find this Baked Ziti - Tuscan Flavored recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.