Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Kale and Portobello Lasagna recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Kale and Portobello Lasagna recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Heart Friendly Foods You Need To Be Eating.
You already know that you must have a fit and healthy heart. Obviously, if your heart is unhealthy then the rest of you isn’t going to be healthy too. You already are aware that regular workout and a healthy lifestyle are crucial in terms of the total health of your heart. But did you know that there are several foods that have been discovered to help you improve your heart health? Keep reading to find out which foods are best for your heart.
Believe it or not, beans are really effective for your heart health. Sure, the after-effects of consuming beans might not be the best for your nose, but they are extremely healthy for you. It doesn’t mean, however, that just consuming beans will undo the bad effects of eating junk foods or make your heart better by magic. What is true, however, is that having beans on your Caesar’s salad instead of chicken or eating soy burgers instead of beef hamburgers is a superb course of action to take. The good news is that beans are tasty–good enough that you are likely to not miss consuming meat.
There are many foods that you can include in your diet that are great for your body. The truth is that all the foods that we’ve mentioned here can help your body in lots of different ways. They are especially great, though, for making your heart healthy as it possibly can. Try to start incorporating these healthy foods in your diet on a regular basis. Your heart will benefit from it!
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to kale and portobello lasagna recipe. To cook kale and portobello lasagna you need 16 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to cook Kale and Portobello Lasagna:
- Prepare 1 cup coarsely chopped drained jarred roasted red peppers
- Provide 1⁄2 tsp dried oregeno
- Prepare 1 can (28 oz) whole plum tomatoes
- You need 1⁄4 salt
- Take 1⁄4 pepper
- You need 1⁄4 tsp sugar
- Use 2 cup skim mozzarella cheese
- Take 2 large egg whites
- Prepare 15 oz skim ricotta cheese
- Prepare 1 tbsp olive oil
- Take 4 Portobello mushrooms, stems discarded, caps sliced 1⁄4 inch thick
- Provide 1 small bunch of kale (or spinach), stems removed and leaves coarsely chopped
- Use 1⁄4 tsp red pepper flakes
- Prepare 2 clove garlic thinly sliced
- Use 9 sheets no-boil lasagna noodles
- You need 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
Instructions to make Kale and Portobello Lasagna:
- Preheat the oven to 350 . Puree the peppers, oregano, tomatoes, salt, pepper and sugar in a food processor or blender until smooth and set aside.
- Mix 1 1⁄2 cups of the mozzarella cheese with the egg whites and ricotta cheese in a medium bowl.
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet set over medium-high heat. Add the sliced mushrooms and cook, stirring, until they have released their liquid and are tender (about 10 minutes). Stir in the kale, in batches, and as it wilts add the pepper flakes, garlic and 1⁄4 teaspoon salt and continue to cook until the kale is wilted and bright green (about 5 minutes)
- Coat 9-by-13-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Spread 3⁄4 cup of the sauce in the bottom of the dish. Top with 3 noodles, 1⁄2 of the ricotta mixture and 1⁄2 of the mushroom mixture. Repeat layers with sauce, noodles and remaining ricotta and mushrooms. Top with remaining noodles and sauce.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake until the noodles are tender and the sauce is bubbling around the edges of the pan, about 50 minutes.
- Uncover, sprinkle with the remaining 1⁄2 cup grated mozzarella and continue to bake until melted, about 5 minutes. Let stand 15 minutes, sprinkle with parsley and serve.
If you find this Kale and Portobello Lasagna recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.