Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Mashed & Baked - Sweet Potatoes & Apples recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Mashed & Baked - Sweet Potatoes & Apples recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Foods That Are Good For Your Heart.
You already know that the body needs a healthy heart. Consider this: if your heart is unhealthy then the rest of your body won’t be healthy either. You already know that if you want your heart to be healthy, you should stick to a good and healthy lifestyle and exercise regularly. Still, did you know that there are several foods that have been discovered to help you improve your heart health? Go on reading to find out which foods are great for your heart.
Can you remember when your mom and dad would say to you that an apple a day keeps the doctor away? The truth is that apples have lots of minerals and elements that promote a healthy heart. Apples are rich in soluble fiber which acts as a scrubber on your artery walls, keeping the cholesterol from amassing and causing blockages. One Red Delicious apple daily can make your LDL cholesterol levels go down by as much as 8 percent! That’s a fantastic number for someone who would like to have a healthier heart.
There are plenty of foods out there that that are good for your body. No doubt, the foods cited in this article can help your body in all sorts of ways. They are particularly good, though, for keeping your heart as healthy as it can be. Introduce these foods into your diet daily. Your heart will thank you for it!
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to mashed & baked - sweet potatoes & apples recipe. You can cook mashed & baked - sweet potatoes & apples using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Mashed & Baked - Sweet Potatoes & Apples:
- You need 6 medium-large sweet potatoes
- Provide 8 tbs butter (divided)
- You need 2 apples, peeled, cored, and chopped
- You need 1⁄3 cup brown sugar (divided)
- Provide 2 tbs cinnamon (divided)
- Prepare 2⁄3 cup milk, heated
- You need 3 tbs brandy (optional)
- Get 1 tbs all-spice
- Provide 1⁄4 cup almonds (or walnuts)
Instructions to make Mashed & Baked - Sweet Potatoes & Apples:
- Scrub the sweet potatoes, cut in half and place in a large pot of boiling salted water, until fork tender, about 40-50 minutes. Drain, and allow to slightly cool, in order to peel.
- While potatoes are boiling, heat a cup of water in a small sauce pan and add the apples. Lightly boil for 10-15 minutes.
- Drain the water and add 3 tablespoons of butter, half the brown sugar, and sauté the apples for 5 minutes. Add a dash of cinnamon.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Peel the potatoes and place in a large bowl. Mash them using a potato masher. Add the apples and continue to mash.
- Add the rest of the butter, heated milk, and brandy (optional) to the bowl. Blend well with a mixer. While mixing, add the sugar and a dash of cinnamon and all-spice.
- Scoop this mixture into a well-buttered casserole dish, and bake for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and allow this to cool for a few minutes. Top with crushed walnuts or slivered almonds.
If you find this Mashed & Baked - Sweet Potatoes & Apples recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.