Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Sheree's Baked Ziti recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Sheree's Baked Ziti recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Heart Friendly Foods You Should Eat.
You already are aware that you have to have a fit and healthy heart. Obviously, if your heart isn’t healthy then the rest of you isn’t going to be healthy either. You already know that working out on a regular basis and sticking to a healthy lifestyle both factor to a great extent into the overall health of your heart. Are you aware, though, that there are several foods that can help you have a healthy heart? In this article, you will discover which foods are great for your heart.
Have you ever heard the phrase “an apple a day keeps the doctor away”? Know that apples are packed full of things that will keep your heart healthy. Appleas have loads of soluble fiber which functions like a scrub brush on your artery walls so that cholesterol can’t collect and build up into blockages. Just one Red Delicious apple every day can make your bad cholesterol levels fall by as much as eight percent! This is a great number for somebody who wants his or her heart to be healthier.
There are tons of foods that you can consume that will be good for your body. The truth is that each of the foods that we’ve discussed here can help your body in many ways. They are particularly good, however, for helping you keep your heart healthy. Try to introduce these healthy foods into your diet daily. Your heart is going to be much better if you do!
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to sheree's baked ziti recipe. You can cook sheree's baked ziti using 19 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Sheree's Baked Ziti:
- You need pasta and sauce
- Take 1 lb ground meat (sometime i use Italian sausage and ground beef)
- Get 1 small onion , minced
- Provide 1⁄2 small green bell pepper
- Get 2 clove garlic, minced
- Prepare 1⁄4 tsp pepper
- Take 1 dash salt (1\8 tsp)
- You need 8 oz penne or ziti pasta
- Use 24 oz of your favorite spaghetti sauce (i like prego)
- Prepare ricatto filling
- Provide 1⁄2 tbsp basil (i use dried)
- You need 1⁄2 tbsp oregano (i use dried)
- Use 1⁄2 cup shredded parmesan
- Prepare 1 1⁄2 cup container of ricatto (i use cottage cheese drained if i don't have ricatto)
- Take 2 large eggs
- Prepare 1 pinch of garlic (1\8 tsp)
- Prepare 1 pinch salt (1\8 tsp)
- Provide extra
- You need 2 cup mozzarella cheese
Steps to make Sheree's Baked Ziti:
- bring about 5 cups of water with 2 tsp of salt. bring it to a rolling boil.., add pasta stir well so the outside kinda cooks… turn it down to med..,, let it cook between 7-9 minutes.,,, should all dents….put colander over a bowl.,, to catch pasta water…
- put very small amount of olive oil to just cover the bottom of the pan…add onion and bell pepper with pan on med… if using Italian sausage remove from casing…,, if just using ground beef they crumble it…. I use an old potato masher to fry meat add garlic powder,,,..salt and black pepper to taste…
- drain ground beef.. but don't rinse…. add to drained pasta in your stock pot….
- stir pasta and meat mix well…. put pasta sauce in pan and best through.. while waiting on this… mix your ricatto, basil. oregano, 2 eggs, and Parmesan cheese…. mix very well…
- mix cheese mixture with pasta/meat mixture…. spray a casserole dish and put 1⁄2 the mixture in the pan cover with mozzarella cheese….. please the other half of mixture on the top and cover with mozzarella….
- bake at 375° for 30-35 minutes until fold and bubbly,., I make a vinaigrette salad to go with it and Texas toast..
- *** I did not add sugar because I'm using spaghetti sauce and it usual has some sugar in it..
If you find this Sheree's Baked Ziti recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.