Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect French Onion Soup recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect French Onion Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to French Onion Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about On This Page We Are Going To Be Checking Out The Lots Of Benefits Of Coconut Oil.
Many people do not realize that coconut oil has a large amount of benefits to it and is really something you need to be using on a regular basis. Another thing I would like to mention about this product is that there are plenty of different benefits available from it. You ought to also be aware that coconut oil isn’t just something you are able to use inside your body to be healthy but also something you can use externally. If you are wondering what a few of these benefits are you ought to be pleased to know that we are going to be explaining to you in this article what some of these benefits might be.
For people who have difficulties losing a few pounds you’re also going to discover that coconut oil increases metabolism which helps you lose some weight much easier. Actually studies have shown that folks can wind up burning off three times more calories by simply making use of this simple product in their diet. The to so for any person on a weight loss program who’s not losing a few pounds as quickly as they’d like, you will probably find that a adding this into your diet can be a fantastic benefit. And for people were trying to lose weight but feel sluggish all the time for this reason, you’ll discover that coconut oil ends up supplying you with more energy simply because it’s increasing your metabolism.
There is currently studies being done which are leading individuals to the realization that coconut oil can even fight off bacterial and viral infections in the body, but this is not yet been proven. For those of you who are looking to live a healthier life you may find that eliminating your traditional cooking oils and replace it with coconut oil can be a fantastic place to start. There are different vitamin companies right now contemplating the thought of promoting coconut oil as a supplement, but you are able to start receiving the advantages from this oil today.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to french onion soup recipe. You can have french onion soup using 20 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to prepare French Onion Soup:
- You need The Stock
- Prepare 4 lb lbs. cracked beef bones/soup bones w/o meat
- Use 2 onions, halved
- Use 2 scrubbed quartered carrots
- Prepare 2 celery stalks
- Take bouquet garni:0.25 tsp. thyme, 1 bay leaf, 6 parsley sprigs, 2 unpeeled garlic cloves, 2 whole cloves
- You need 10 cups water
- You need For the Onions and Soup
- You need 1 1⁄2 lbs or about 5 cups of thinly sliced yellow onion
- Get 3 Tbsp Tbs butter+1 Tbs Oil
- You need 1 tsp salt
- Prepare 1 ⁄4 tsp sugar (helps the onions to brown)
- Get 3 Tbsp flour
- You need 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- You need The strained Stock
- Prepare to taste salt and pepper
- Provide 2 Tbsp tbs Cognac, brings the flavors together
- You need 4 rounds of hard-toasted french bread
- Provide Grated good Swiss Cheese to cover
- Get Cook and assemble
Instructions to make French Onion Soup:
- Heat oven to 450F. Arrange the meat, bones, onions, and carrots in a cast iron pan. Place in the middle portion of the oven and roast for 30-40 minutes, turning occasionally until nicely browned.
- Remove from the oven and drain fat out of roasting pan. Transfer into an 8 or 10 quart soup kettle. Pour a cup or two of the water to the pan, set over heat (or back in the still hot oven). Scrape up all the brown bits at the bottom. Pour all that into the kettle.
- Tie the Bousquet garni in a coffee filter or cheese cloth.
- Cover ingredients with 10 cups water. Bring to a simmer, skim and add the salt, celery and bouquet garni. Simmer the stock for 4 to 5 hours. Strain the stock out of the kettle into a bowl.
- ONIONS, COOKING AND FINAL ASSEMBLY
- Melt butter, add oil to a large pot. Add sugar and onions, cover and cook on low for 30 minutes.
- Raise heat and cook, stirring often on medium until golden, around 45 minutes
- Stir in flour, cook for a minute and add stock and wine. Partially cover and simmer gently for one hour.
- Add Cognac, ladle into oven proof soup bowls, add bread slice and cover with cheese.
- Bake at 400 degrees until lightly brown.
If you find this French Onion Soup recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.