Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect French Onion Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to French Onion Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Helping Your Heart with Food.
You already are aware that you have to have a healthy heart. Give it some thought: How can the rest of your body remain healthy if your heart isn’t healthy? You already understand that daily exercise and a healthy lifestyle are crucial in terms of the general health of your heart. However, are you aware that there are some foods that have been proven to help you improve your heart health? If you would like to know which foods you should be eating to improve your heart health, keep reading.
Be aware that blueberries are great for your heart. Blueberries are rich in antioxidants, in particular pterostilbene. Pterostilbene acts much like the resveratrol you will find in grapes. This specific antioxidant helps your body to be more efficient at breaking down your fats and cholesterol. When your body is great at breaking down these things, they aren’t going to amass in your system and or cause issues for your heart. That, in effect, helps your heart be in tip-top shape.
There are a whole lot of foods that you can eat that will be good for your body. The truth is that each of the foods that we’ve talked about here can help your body in a variety of ways. They are essentially great, though, for improving your heart health. Try introducing these foods into your diet every day. Your heart will be much better if you do!
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to french onion soup recipe. To cook french onion soup you only need 10 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to make French Onion Soup:
- Provide 4 Tbsp butter
- Provide 4 Tbsp olive oil
- Take 7 cups sliced onions (about 7 medium onions)
- Get 3 Tbsp flour
- Prepare 8 cups beef broth (I use 8 cups water and 8 packets beef bovril)
- Get 1 clove garlic sliced
- Take 1 tsp sugar
- Use 1 cup dry white wine
- You need 1 stick French bread sliced into 1⁄2 or 3⁄4 inch thick pieces
- Use Swiss gruyere or mozzarella cheese (thinly sliced or grated)
Steps to make French Onion Soup:
- Melt butter in large sauce pan then add 2 Tbsp olive oil.
- Stir in onions, garlic and sugar.
- Cook uncovered over low to medium heat, stirring occasionally for 20 to 30 minutes or until onions are golden brown.
- Sprinkle flour over onions and cook for another 1 or 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add beef stock and wine and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, partially covered for another 30 to 40 minutes.
- While the soup simmers, prepare the bread.
- Brush bread slices lightly with remaining olive oil on both sides and put on pan in 350 degree oven. Lightly toast each side (turn part way).
- Ladle soup into individual oven proof bowls and top with 2 or 3 slices of French bread followed by the cheese.
- Put oven proof bowls on a baking pan and bake in 350 degree for 10 to 20 minutes until cheese is melted.
If you find this French Onion Soup recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.