Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect French Onion Soup with Parmesan/Mozzarella Croutons recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best French Onion Soup with Parmesan/Mozzarella Croutons recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to French Onion Soup with Parmesan/Mozzarella Croutons recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Many Of You Might Not Recognize This But Coconut Oil Can Have Great Health Advantages To It.
Many men and women do not recognize that coconut oil has lots of benefits to it and is in fact something you should be using regularly. Unlike other products you can purchase currently available this item will have a wide variety of health benefits for your body. There is another thing that is important to understand about this device and that is the point that it can benefit you when you use it both internally and externally for your body. Coconut oil is much more useful than other oils you are able to purchase and in this article we will be telling you why.
For those of you who have difficulties losing weight you are additionally going to find that coconut oil increases metabolism which helps you drop some weight much easier. Simply because coconut oil burns so quickly within your body and provides you with energy, and also speeds up your metabolism you’ll find the you are able to burn off calories three times as fast. If you are one of the men and women trying to drop some weight in America today you will definitely find that adding coconut oil into your daily routine is something that will be able to help you accomplish your goals. And for those of you were trying to lose weight but feel sluggish all the time for this reason, you are going to discover that coconut oil ends up providing you with more energy simply because it’s boosting your metabolism.
There’s currently studies being done that are leading individuals to the conclusion that coconut oil can possibly fight off bacterial and viral infections inside the body, however this isn’t yet been proven. One of the best things you’re going to have the ability to do for your body is to start using coconut oil instead of the other oils that you may be using at this current time. There’s no doubt that in time businesses are going to be marketing coconut oil supplements, nevertheless now that you’re aware of the benefits this is something you can begin using today.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to french onion soup with parmesan/mozzarella croutons recipe. To make french onion soup with parmesan/mozzarella croutons you need 15 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to prepare French Onion Soup with Parmesan/Mozzarella Croutons:
- Provide 4 yellow onions, finely sliced
- Get 4 red onions, finely sliced
- Get 1 leek, finely sliced and washed
- Get 5 clove garlic, minced
- Get 2 tablespoons butter
- Provide 2 tbsp olive or avocado oil
- Get 1 dried bay leaf
- Get 2 litres good quality unsalted beef stock
- Take 3⁄4 cup red wine
- You need 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- Provide 1⁄4 cup grated mozzarella & parmesan to serve
- Prepare 2 tablespoons salt (to taste)
- Take 1 tablespoon ground pepper (to taste)
- Use 1 French stick, sliced thickly diagonally
- Provide 1⁄4 cup grated cheddar and Parmesan
Instructions to make French Onion Soup with Parmesan/Mozzarella Croutons:
- Slice all onions and leeks.
- Heat a large heavy base on high heat and melt the butter and add olive oil. Add onions and leek. Turn the heat down and sweat down onions slowly for around half an hour. Stir occasionally, and keep the lid so that it 3⁄4 covers pot, allowing steam to escape.
- Do not rush it! That may result the onions to burn. Rather have the onions caramelized which will give the soup a nice dark brown color. It may even take an hour.
- Once the onions are done, add garlic, bay leaf, salt and pepper.
- Deglaze pot with wine and vinegar. Add stock. Bring to the boil - reduce heat and simmer for a further 1⁄2 hour. Check and adjust seasoning if needed.
- Now to get croutons ready. Heat oven to 160*C. Slice French stick. Grate mozzarella and Parmesan over bread. Grate extra cheese to add to soup.
- Bake until golden brown an cheese has melted. Remove and set aside.
- Serve soup in a bowl with a sprinkle of cheese and top with croutons. Yum!
If you find this French Onion Soup with Parmesan/Mozzarella Croutons recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.