Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best French Onion Soup with Parmesan/Cheddar Croutons recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to French Onion Soup with Parmesan/Cheddar Croutons recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Help Your To Be Healthy And Strong with Food.
You already have some knowledge of how crucial it is to have a healthy heart. Consider this: if your heart isn’t fit then the rest of you won’t be healthy. You already know that getting regular exercise and sticking to a healthy lifestyle both factor greatly into the overall health of your heart. Are you aware, though, that there are some foods that can help your heart be healthier? If you want to know which foods to eat to improve your heart health, keep on reading.
Fish is possibly the best food you can eat up. You’re probably already aware of this since your health care provider has advised you to consume some fish twice or thrice every week. This is especially true for people whose hearts are not in good shape. Know that fish has lots of Omega 3’s which are what enables your body to process unhealthy cholesterol. Try including fish in two meals each week.
There are tons of foods that you can eat that will be beneficial for your body. Without a doubt, the foods listed in this article can help your body in all sorts of ways. They are essentially good, though, for improving your heart health. Introduce these heart-healthy foods into your diet on a regular basis. Your heart will be grateful for it!
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to french onion soup with parmesan/cheddar croutons recipe. You can have french onion soup with parmesan/cheddar croutons using 15 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to cook French Onion Soup with Parmesan/Cheddar Croutons:
- Prepare 4 large Yellow onions, finely sliced
- Use 4 Red onions, finely sliced
- Provide 1 Leek, finely sliced and washed
- Take 5 clove Garlic, minced
- Take 40 grams Butter
- Use 2 tbsp Olive oil
- Prepare 1 Dried bay leaf
- You need 1 bouquet garni of parsley, thyme and oregano
- Prepare 1 3⁄4 Litre, good quality chicken stock
- Use 1 cup Red wine
- Prepare 1 Splash of cider vinegar
- Take 1 Grated cheddar & Parmesan to serve
- Take 1 Salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare 1 French stick, sliced thickly diagonally
- Use 1 Grated cheddar and Parmesan
Steps to make French Onion Soup with Parmesan/Cheddar Croutons:
- Slice all onions and leeks.
- Heat a large heavy base melt butter and add olive oil- high heat. Add onions and leek. You want to sweat down onions slowly for around and hour. Stir occasionally, and return lid so that it 3⁄4 covers pot- allowing steam to escape.
- You will have to turn temp down whilst cooking onions, you don't want to burn or over do them. - Meanwhile, gather herbs and tie together with string to make bouquet garni.
- Deglaze pot with wine and vinegar. Add stock and herbs. Bring to the boil- reduce heat and simmer for a further 1⁄2 hour. Check and adjust seasoning if needed.
- Now to get croutons ready. Heat oven to 160*C. Slice French stick. Grate cheddar and Parmesan over bread. Grate extra cheese to add to soup.
- Bake until golden brown an cheese has melted. Remove and set aside.
- Serve soup in a bowl with a sprinkle of cheese and top with croutons. - Yum!
If you find this French Onion Soup with Parmesan/Cheddar Croutons recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.