Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, if you’re looking for Vickys French/Scottish Onion Soup, GF DF EF SF NF recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Vickys French/Scottish Onion Soup, GF DF EF SF NF recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Vickys French/Scottish Onion Soup, GF DF EF SF NF recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Help Your To Be Healthy And Strong with Food.
You already know that you have to have a fit and healthy heart. Think about it: if your heart isn’t fit then the rest of your body won’t be healthy either. You already know that if you want your heart to be healthy, you need to stick to a good and healthy lifestyle and work out on a regular basis. However, did you know that there are some foods that have been discovered to help you improve the health of your heart? If you would like to know what to eat to improve your heart health, go on reading.
Know that blueberries are great for your heart. Fact: Blueberries are loaded with antioxidants, in particular pterostilbene. Pterostilbene works very much like the resveratrol that is found in grapes. This particular antioxidant helps your body to be a lot better at breaking down your fats and cholesterol. When your body is good at breaking down these things, they aren’t going to build up in your body and or cause issues for your heart. That means that it helps keep your heart as healthy as possible.
There are many foods that you can consume that will be great for your body. To be sure, the foods discussed in this article can help your body in many ways. They are essentially great, though, for making your heart healthy as it possibly can. Begin eating these foods each day. Your heart will thank you for it!
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to vickys french/scottish onion soup, gf df ef sf nf recipe. To cook vickys french/scottish onion soup, gf df ef sf nf you only need 17 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to cook Vickys French/Scottish Onion Soup, GF DF EF SF NF:
- Take 40 grams (3 tbsp) sunflower spread or butter
- Get 1 tbsp pure olive oil
- Take 680 grams red onions, thinly sliced
- Provide 1 tsp salt
- Take 1⁄2 tsp sugar to help caramelise the onions
- Provide 40 grams (3 tbsp) gluten-free / plain flour
- Take 1 clove very finely chopped garlic
- You need 1 dash Vickys Soy-Free Soy Sauce or Worcestershire Sauce, recipes both linked below
- Get 110 ml red wine
- Prepare 1900 ml beef or mushroom stock
- Prepare 3 tbsp brandy (optional)
- Get 1 ground black pepper & extra salt to taste
- Provide 1 pinch thyme leaves
- Use Topping
- Take 1 french baguette, cut into rounds then thickly cubed, a gluten-free recipe from my profile is below
- Prepare 1 tsp melted sunflower spread or butter
- Provide as much grated cheese as you prefer to make the soup 'lid', gruyere & parmesan are the traditional choices. *I use a mixture of my own homemade coconut cheddar and Veganic brand mozzarella
Instructions to make Vickys French/Scottish Onion Soup, GF DF EF SF NF:
- Melt the butter & oil together over a medium low heat in a large stock pot. Add the onions and turn the heat to low. Give them a stir to coat in the oil then put the lid on and find something else to do for 15 minutes, don't disturb the onions
- After the 15 minutes are up, uncover the pot, add the sugar & salt and cook the onions for at least 45 minutes, stirring frequently until they are lovely and caramelized. Don't skimp on the cooking time here. This is what builds the intense flavour base, just like a gumbo roux
- After the onions have fully caramelized, add the garlic & flour and cook while stirring a further 3 minutes. Add the red wine and stir well scraping the bottom of the pan. Add the soy sauce/worcestershire & stock, a quarter amount at a time and stirring after each addition. Add a little pepper to taste but go easy on the salt. The cheese will add some saltiness itself and you don't want to overdo it. Turn up the heat and let simmer partially covered for 30-40 minutes, skimming if needed. Add in the thyme - - https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/332952-vickys-soy-sauce-substitute - https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/338187-vickys-homemade-worcestershire-sauce-vegan
- Preheat the oven to gas 3 / 165C / 325°F and spread the bread cubes on a lined baking tray. Toast, keeping your eye on them until they're golden all over then drizzle them with the melted spread / butter - - https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/368330-vickys-french-baguettes-gluten-dairy-egg-soy-nut-free
- Put 6 soup bowls onto a foil-lined baking tray. Bring the soup back to the boil then add the brandy. Ladle the soup into the serving bowls, stir into each a tbsp of the cheese then top each with enough croutons to cover the soup. Top this with as much cheese as you like. Bake for 20 minutes then finish off under the grill to brown the top of the cheese. Serve immediately - - https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/346731-vickys-coconut-cream-cheese - https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/335730-vickys-coconut-milk-cheddar-cheese - https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/339693-vickys-velveeta-cheese-with-vegan-options
- This is a kind of french/scottish onion soup fusion. Scottish style includes a leek, the garlic, worcestershire sauce and thyme where french does not. Also the bread is cubed where french style is to leave it in thick slices
If you find this Vickys French/Scottish Onion Soup, GF DF EF SF NF recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.