Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, if you’re looking for French Onion Soup recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best French Onion Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to French Onion Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Helping Your Heart with Food.
You already realize that the body calls for a heart that is strong and healthy. After all, if your heart isn’t healthy then the rest of you isn’t going to be healthy either. You already are aware that regular workout and a healthy lifestyle are imperative in terms of the total health of your heart. Are you aware, though, that some specific foods are good for making your heart be healthier? If you are interested to know which foods you should be eating to improve your heart health, keep on reading.
Believe it or not, beans are really effective for your heart. The after effects of consuming them might not be so pleasant to smell, but they’re terrific for your body. It doesn’t mean, though, that merely eating beans will undo the detrimental effects of consuming unhealthy foods or make your heart better by magic. What is true, though, is that including green beans on your green salad in place of chicken or consuming soy burgers instead of beef hamburgers is a great course of action to take. Luckily, beans are really tasty and you never know…you might not even miss consuming real chicken or beef.
There are plenty of foods that are terrific for your body. The truth is that everything that we’ve talked about here can help your body in a variety of ways. They are essentially wonderful, however, for promoting a healthy heart. Try to start consuming these hearty foods on a regular basis. Your heart will be so much better if you do!
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to french onion soup recipe. To make french onion soup you need 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to cook French Onion Soup:
- Provide 8 x Large white onions (Spanish)
- Prepare 4 x cloves garlic
- Use 4 sprigs thyme
- Get 1 x tablespoon Olive oil
- You need 50 g x Butter
- You need 50 ml x Brandy
- Get 200 ml x white wine
- Prepare 1.5 L x chicken stock
- Prepare 1⁄2 x baguette
- Provide 200 g x grated gruyere cheese
- You need salt and pepper
Instructions to make French Onion Soup:
- Peel and finely slice the onions, remove the core and cut with the grain. Chop the garlic at this stage as well. Then pick the thyme leaves
- Heat a large sauce pan, add olive oil, butter, seasoning and the onions, start on a high heat to get the browning process started. When the onions start to colour reduce the heat as you need to cook them long and slow to really caramelise them.
- When onions are a nice deep brown colour you add the brandy and flame if you like. Add the wine and then the chicken stock and allow to simmer for 45 minutes to 1 hour. If the level reduces too far you can top up with water.
- Slice baguette or bread roll to around 1 inch thickness, make sure the crouton will fit in the soup bowl, drizzle with olive oil and bake at 180c until nice and toasted.
- Taste soup and adjust the seasoning to your likening, ladle into your oven proof soup bowls, top with crouton and then cover with the grated gruyere cheese.
- Bake in the oven at 180c until the cheese is bubbling, then enjoy possibly the best soup ever? This images are taken from my youtube channel uncle matt's cookery lessons, feel free to pay me a visit there, here is a link to this videohttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ec5_8hmCIy0&t=28s
If you find this French Onion Soup recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.