Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Baked Apples and Custard recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Baked Apples and Custard recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Baked Apples and Custard recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Heart Friendly Foods You Need To Be Eating.
You already are certain that you have to have a healthy heart. Here’s something for you to think about: if your heart is unhealthy then the rest of you won’t be healthy either. You already know that working out on a regular basis and sticking to a healthy lifestyle both factor heavily into the overall health of your heart. Do you know, though, that there are a number of foods that can help you have a healthy heart? If you would like to know which foods you should be eating to improve your heart health, go on reading.
Believe it or not, beans are so effective for the health of your heart. It’s true that your nose won’t appreciate them so much, particularly the after effects of consuming beans, but they’re very healthy food items. This doesn’t mean that just consuming beans will counteract the effects of other unhealthy foods you might be eating. What we mean is that subbing in beans or edamame for the chicken on your salad or eating a soy burger instead of a beef hamburger is a great idea. Luckily, beans are really tasty and who knows…you might not even miss real meat.
There are lots of foods that you can consume that are beneficial for your body. The truth is that everything that we’ve talked about here can help your body in lots of different ways. These foods are essentially good for the heart, though. Try to begin eating these foods regularly. Your heart will be so much better if you do!
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to baked apples and custard recipe. To make baked apples and custard you only need 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Baked Apples and Custard:
- Use 2 cup milk
- You need 1⁄2 tsp vanilla extract
- Provide 3 tsp cornstarch
- Provide 4 tbsp sugar
- Get 1 egg yolk
- Get 1⁄2 cup flaked/slivered almonds
- Get 2 tsp raisins
- Take 3 tbsp confectioners sugar
- Use 1⁄2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Take 1⁄2 cup marzipan paste, finely chopped
- You need 4 cooking apples, cored, to grease the dish
- Provide 2 tbsp butter
Steps to make Baked Apples and Custard:
- Heat the oven to 400°F.
- To make the custard, reserve 3-4 tbsp of milk, bring the remaining milk to a boil with the vanilla extract and remove from the heat.
- Combine the sugar and sugar and corn starch and mix to a smooth paste with the reserved milk. Stir in the egg yolk and combine well.
- Stir the egg mixture into the cooled milk and return to the heat
- Heat the mixture, stirring constantly until it thickens and becomes a smooth sauce. Let it cool, stirring occasionly.
- To make the filling, mix half the almonds with the raisins. 1 tbsp of confectioners sugar, the cinnamon and the chopped marzipan.
- Fill the apples with the mixture and place in a buttered, ovenproof dish. Dust with the remaining sugar, dot with butter and bake for 30 - 40 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and arrange on plates. Pour over the custard, scatter with the remaining slivered almonds and serve with confectioners sugar.
If you find this Baked Apples and Custard recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.