Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Spiced Ginger Steak with Spring Onions and Potatoes recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Spiced Ginger Steak with Spring Onions and Potatoes recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Helping Your Heart with The Right Foods.
You already have some knowledge of how essential it is to have a fit and healthy heart. Here’s a thought: How can the rest of your body stay healthy if your heart is in bad shape? You already know that getting regular exercise and adopting a healthy lifestyle both factor to a great extent into the overall health of your heart. Still, did you know that there are a number of foods that have been proven to help you improve the health of your heart? Today, you will find out which foods are good for your heart.
Do you remember being told by your parents “an apple a day keeps the doctor away”? Apples are packed full of things that will promote a healthy heart. They’re high in soluble fiber which acts as a scrubber on your artery walls, keeping the cholesterol from accumulating and causing blockages. Eating just one Red Delicious apple every day can make your LDL levels drop by as much as 8%. This is a great number for a person who wishes his or her heart to be healthier.
There are a whole lot of foods that you can include in your diet that will be beneficial for your body. It’s true that everything brought up in this article can help your body in many ways. They are essentially good, though, for keeping your heart as healthy as it can be. Try incorporating these foods in your diet every day. Your heart will be grateful for it!
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to spiced ginger steak with spring onions and potatoes recipe. You can cook spiced ginger steak with spring onions and potatoes using 11 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to cook Spiced Ginger Steak with Spring Onions and Potatoes:
- Use sirloin steaks, 1⁄2 lb each, about 3⁄4 inch thick
- Take medium sized spring onions
- Use large russet potatoes
- Prepare minced garlic
- Take sea salt
- You need freshly ground black peppercorn
- Provide freshly grated ginger
- You need freshly ground coriander
- Provide butter
- Use canola oil
- Provide bacon for baked potato topping
Instructions to make Spiced Ginger Steak with Spring Onions and Potatoes:
- Preheat your oven to 450°F
- Wash your potatoes. Cut two slits in each potato about halfway through and pop out the wedges. Set them aside.
- Stuff the slots in the potatoes with butter, and replace the wedge.
- Wrap the potatoes in aluminum foil, and place directly on the oven rack. Bake them for one hour.
- Rinse your steaks, and lightly pat them dry. Make sure to pick steaks that are not too thin, and have the best marble of fat throughout when you're at the supermarket. The better the marble, the better the flavor!
- Combine the minced garlic, sea salt, coriander, ginger, and black pepper to make the rub for the steaks.
- Rub this mixture onto the steaks generously. If you are a fan of ginger, or would like more coriander, add more!
- Preheat a nonstick skillet on medium high heat for a minute or two, with the canola oil inside. While this is heating, cut up your spring onions. - Split the bulbs in halves, or quarters (whichever you prefer) and dice up as much of the greens as you'd like for the baked potato topping. Save the rest of the greens for a later meal (I usually plan nachos in the same week!)
- Place your steaks onto the skillet and leave them, moving them as little as possible. Try to only flip them once or twice, as this keeps them juicy, but gives them a nice crispy sear! Cook until your desired color. For a medium well, i let mine cook about 6 minutes each side. - (Although i did check with a meat thermometer afterwards)
- Once the steaks are almost finished, add the spring onions to your skillet, and stir them occasionally. They're done once they've blackened a little.
- If you are adding bacon to your potatoes, throw it in the pan now! I keep a few slices in the freezer constantly for this purpose. It's much easier to cut into little pieces when it's frozen!
- Remove your potatoes from the oven, and after the aluminum cools for a few minutes, remove the foil and garnish the potatoes to your liking. We do cheddar, bacon, sour cream and the greens of the onions. Top your steaks with the fried sprinf onions, and serve!
If you find this Spiced Ginger Steak with Spring Onions and Potatoes recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.