Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Baked Ziti - Tuscan Flavored recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Baked Ziti - Tuscan Flavored recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Baked Ziti - Tuscan Flavored recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Helping Your Heart with The Right Foods.
You already are certain that you have to have a strong and healthy heart. Consider this: if your heart isn’t fit then the rest of you won’t be either. You already know that if you want your heart to be healthy, you must adopt a good and healthy lifestyle and exercise regularly. Did you know, though, that a number of specific foods are great for making your heart feel better? Keep on reading to learn which foods are best for your heart.
Believe it or not, beans are truly great for your heart health. Sure, the after-effects of eating beans could not be the best for your nose, but they are very healthy for you. This doesn’t mean that just consuming beans will counteract the effects of other unhealthy foods you might be eating. What is true, however, is that having beans on your Caesar’s salad instead of chicken or consuming soy burgers instead of beef hamburgers is a good course of action to take. The good news is that beans are delicious–good enough that you may not miss the beef or chicken.
There are many foods that you can include in your diet that are good for your body. It’s true that everything brought up in this article can help your body in a variety of ways. They are especially good, though, for promoting a healthy heart. Start consuming these foods each day. Your heart will benefit from it!
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to baked ziti - tuscan flavored recipe. To cook baked ziti - tuscan flavored you only need 15 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to make Baked Ziti - Tuscan Flavored:
- Provide 1 eggplant (peeled, sliced 1/2”)
- Get 1 zucchini (sliced 1/2”)
- Prepare 4 plum tomatoes (sliced in half – lengthwise)
- Prepare 1⁄2 red onion (halved – lengthwise)
- Get Drizzle of olive oil
- Prepare 1 lb. Italian sausage (mild or hot)
- Provide 1 can (5.75 oz) whole, pitted black olives (sliced in half)
- Use 1 jar roasted red bell peppers (chopped)
- Get Drizzle of balsamic vinegar
- You need 1 box (16 oz) Pasta - Penne or Ziti
- Prepare 1 large jar (32oz) or more, tomato sauce
- You need Dash red pepper flakes
- Provide 1⁄2 cup fresh basil (chopped)
- Get 16 oz fresh shredded mozzarella cheese
- Take 3⁄4 cup fresh flat leaf parsley (chopped)
Instructions to make Baked Ziti - Tuscan Flavored:
- Heat grill to medium temperature.
- Place the first four prepared vegetables on a platter for grilling. Drizzle all the vegetables lightly with olive oil. [A bit heavier with the eggplant]
- Place the slices on the grill (oil side down) and reduce the grill temp to low – medium. Brush olive oil on the tops. Grill for 7 minutes, then 5 minutes on the other side. [Keep tomatoes to a lower temp side of the grill]
- Remove the vegetables to a platter, but leave the onion to grill a bit more. Place the sausage(s) on the grill and cook for about 5 minutes per side. Remove the sausage and onion to a plate and let cool.
- On a cutting board, slice the grilled vegetables into bite-sized portions. Place them into a large bowl. Add the black olives and roasted red bell peppers. Drizzle the bowl ingredients with balsamic vinegar.
- On a cutting board, slice the sausage into 1/2” slices. Place these pieces on a plate.
- Prepare pasta according to package instructions for a slightly al dente firmness. Drain the pasta (do not rinse) and drizzle with olive oil while mixing.
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Take a very large lasagna pan (or deep dish pan) and coat the bottom of the pan with a bit of the tomato sauce. Add the pasta and then the vegetables and spread evenly. Place the sausage pieces on top.
- Spread the rest of the tomato sauce on top and add a dash of red pepper flakes (lightly) to areas of the sauce. Top the sauce with fresh basil and now the cheese. Place the pan in the heated oven.
- Bake covered (aluminum foil) for 25 minutes. Remove foil and bake an additional 15 minutes to brown the cheese. Remove the pan and allow it to cool for 15 minutes. Top with parsley.
- Use a large serving spoon or spatula to serve. Enjoy with toasted garlic bread and northern Italian red wine.
If you find this Baked Ziti - Tuscan Flavored recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.