Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Lasagna Casserole recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Lasagna Casserole recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Some Foods That Help Your Heart.
You already know how essential it is to have a fit and healthy heart. After all, if your heart is unhealthy then the rest of you isn’t going to be healthy either. You already know that if you want your heart to be healthy, you need to adopt a good and healthy lifestyle and work out on a regular basis. Are you aware, though, that there are several foods that can help your heart be healthier? If you are interested to know what to eat to improve your heart health, continue reading.
Be aware that blueberries are great for helping your heart be healthy. Blueberries are high in antioxidants, especially pterostilbene. Pterostilbene performs very much like the resveratrol that is found in grapes. Pterostilbene is an antioxidant that helps the body be better at processing cholesterol and fats. The better it is for your body to break down fat and cholesterol, the less likely it is for those things to clog your system and cause problems for your heart. That, in effect, helps your heart be healthy.
There are dozens (if not more) of foods out there that that are great for your body. The truth is that all the foods that we’ve mentioned here can help your body in a variety of ways. They are particularly good for the heart, though. Try incorporating these heart-healthy in your diet on a regular basis. Your heart is going to be a lot heartier if you do!
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to lasagna casserole recipe. To cook lasagna casserole you only need 21 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Lasagna Casserole:
- Use 16 oz uncooked pasta, shape is your choice. I use elbow mac, rotini, or penne. If you can find mini lasagna noodles go for it, bow tie works good too
- Provide 2 cups or so Mozzarella cheese for topping
- Get Sauce
- You need 2 lbs ground meat, personally we like 1⁄2 beef and 1⁄2 venison. You could use pork, turkey, sausage, whatever
- Use 1-2 tbsp olive oil, if your meat lacks fat
- Use 1⁄2 large onion, diced
- Get 3-4 cloves minced garlic
- Prepare to taste Salt and pepper
- Use 1 tbsp dried basil, oregano, and parsley
- You need 44 oz jar of pasta sauce, and a little water to rinse out the jar
- Provide 6 oz can of tomato paste (optional for more intense tomato flavor)
- You need 1 tbsp cooking sherry
- Take 1-2 tbsp red wine vinegar (cuts the sweetness)
- Take Pinch sugar to bring flavors together
- Take Cheese filling layer
- Take 24 oz cottage cheese or ricotta (full fat tastes best)
- Take 2 eggs
- Provide 2 tbsp parsley
- Provide 1⁄2 tsp pepper (use slightly more if coarse ground)
- Take 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan
- You need 8 oz shredded Mozzarella cheese
Steps to make Lasagna Casserole:
- Bring large pot of water to boil, salt water and cook noodles to al dente. Drain and set aside.
- Brown meat, and as meat is getting close to done add in onion, garlic, salt and pepper. Cook until onions are getting translucent, and add herbs (oregano, parsley, and basil). Then add pasta sauce and tomato paste if using. Stir well together, add the vinegar and sherry. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed, add the sugar, then let simmer together for an hour. Watch bottom of pan that it doesn't scorch.
- Heat oven to 375. Put your cheese and two eggs into a bowl, beat together until smooth (important for if you use cottage cheese instead of ricotta, helps smooth out out. Cottage cheese also spreads easier during assembly). Stir in pepper, parsley, and parmesan. Finally mix in Mozzarella cheese.
- Once all your components are assembled, spray a 11x16 casserole pan with cooking spray. You will assemble starting with 1⁄3 of the noodles, 1⁄3 of the sauce, and 1⁄2 of cheese mixture. Repeat the layers, and end with last third of noodles topped with sauce. Finally spread 2 cups of Mozzarella cheese over top of the casserole.
- Cover with foil, bake for 40 minutes. Remove foil and bake for another 15 minutes, if you want the cheese on top browned and slightly more crispy put under the broiler for a hot minute. Allow to cool for 10 minutes to set up before dishing up. Feed to hungry children and husband!
If you find this Lasagna Casserole recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.