Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, looking for the perfect Sicilian-style penne caponata recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Sicilian-style penne caponata recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Sicilian-style penne caponata recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Helping Your Heart with The Right Foods.
You already are aware of how crucial it is to have a heart that is healthy. After all, if your heart is in bad shape then the rest of you isn’t going to be healthy too. You already know that working out on a regular basis and sticking to a healthy lifestyle both factor heavily into the overall health of your heart. However, did you know that there are a number of foods that have been proven to help you improve the health of your heart? Go on reading to learn which foods are beneficial for your heart.
Be aware that blueberries are good for the health of your heart. Fact: Blueberries are loaded with antioxidants, especially pterostilbene. Pterostilbene is to blueberries as resveratrol is to grapes. This antioxidant could be able to help your body improve its ability to process the fat and cholesterol you take in. When your body is efficient at breaking down these things, they aren’t going to amass in your body and or cause problems for your heart. What that means is that it helps keep your heart as healthy as it can be.
There are lots of foods you will find that that are great for your body. The truth is that all the foods that we’ve talked about here can help your body in many ways. They are especially great, though, for helping you keep your heart healthy. Try to start consuming these foods every day. Your heart will greatly benefit from it!
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to sicilian-style penne caponata recipe. You can cook sicilian-style penne caponata using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Sicilian-style penne caponata:
- Use 1 Aubergine
- You need 1 Red onion
- You need 1 Red pepper
- You need 225 g Sausage meat
- You need 15 g Apple cider vinegar
- Get 200 g Penne pasta
- Get 30 g Black olives
- Get 40 g Hard Italian cheese (grated)
- Use 1 Chicken oxo cube
- Get 100 ml water
- You need Pinch sugar
Steps to make Sicilian-style penne caponata:
- Doing the prep! Pre-heat the oven to 220°C. Chop the aubergine into cubes. Dice the red onion. Slice the red peppers thinly. Put a pan of water on to boil and dont forget to add some salt.
- Put the pepper and aubergine on a baking tray with oil and seasoning and place in oven until soft with a little crispy around edges (15-20mins). Turning veg half way through cooking.
- Heat a little oil in a pan and add the sausage meat. Once browned add the onion and keep cooking till onion is softened then add vinegar and cook till almost evaporated.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and the chicken oxo cube and 100ml of water. Season and also add a pinch of sugar. Stir together and then let simmer and thicken. (Stir every few mins)
- Mean while add penne to your boiling water. When cooked (12ish mins) drain in colander and return it to pan and add a little oil to prevent them sticking
- Once aubergine and pepper are ready add to the tomato sauce along with the olives(cut in half or not up to you) and stir together. Add pasta to the caponata and stir and then serve up and add cheese on top
If you find this Sicilian-style penne caponata recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.