Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Lemon Meringue Pie recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Lemon Meringue Pie recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Lemon Meringue Pie recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Coconut Oil Is Actually A Wonderful Product And Can Also Be Beneficial For Your Health.
Coconut oil is going to be something that can actually help men and women live a longer and healthier life and something you need to begin using today. You’re in addition going to discover that there is not just one specific benefit that’s related to coconut oil but the benefits can be vast. There is one more thing that’s important to know about this device and that’s the point that it can benefit you when you use it both internally and also externally for your body. If you are wondering what some of these benefits are you ought to be pleased to understand that we are going to be explaining to you in the following paragraphs what a number of these benefits may be.
Another thing you will find coconut oil is quite useful for is to be used on your hair and skin, and this is clearly something you would never do with other cooking oils. Coconut oil has been proven to be very useful for individuals who wind up with skin rashes, and by simply applying the coconut oil directly on your skin it can help the healing process. There are some other benefits of using this on your skin such as the fact that it can present you with a younger look and it is also packed with antioxidants that can be absorbed in the skin.
An additional benefit of coconut oil, although this has not yet been completely proven is that it could have healing affects for instance antiviral and anti bacterial. For people who are looking to live a healthier life you might find that removing your traditional cooking oils and replace it with coconut oil can be a terrific place to start. There are different vitamin companies right now contemplating the thought of promoting coconut oil as a supplement, but you are able to start receiving the advantages from this oil today.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to lemon meringue pie recipe. You can cook lemon meringue pie using 22 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to cook Lemon Meringue Pie:
- Take Crust
- You need 1 (9 inch) pie crust, baked
- Provide Lemon Filling
- You need 1⁄2 Cup Lemon Juice
- You need 1 Tbsp. Lemon Zest
- Prepare 5 Egg Yolks
- Take 2 Tbsp. Unsalted Butter
- Provide 1⁄4 tsp. Salt
- Prepare 1 Cup Granulated Sugar
- Provide 1⁄3 Cups cornstarch
- Use 1 1⁄3 Cups Water
- Prepare Meringue
- Get 5 Egg Whites
- Take 1⁄2 tsp. Cream of Tartar
- Get 3⁄4 Cup Granulated Sugar
- Take 1⁄2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- Get Shopping Notes
- Get 5 Eggs Total
- Use 1 3⁄4 Cup Granulated Sugar Total
- Take 2 Lemons for lemon Juice
- Provide Pie weights (Dried Beans, Dried Rice or Lentils works too)
- Provide Parchment Paper
Instructions to make Lemon Meringue Pie:
- Blind Bake - (a) Preheat Oven to 425°F. Place crust in 9-inch pie plate. - (b) Crimp the edges decoratively or press them down with the tines of a fork. Prick the dough on the bottom all over with a fork. Place a sheet of parchment paper inside the dough and fill with pie weights. Bake for 10 minutes. - © Carefully remove the parchment and weights and bake until the crust is deep golden brown on the edges and lightly golden in the center
- Lemon Filling (Sugar Mixture) - (a) Whisk together the granulated sugar, cornstarch and salt in a medium saucepan. - (b) Add the lemon juice and water and whisk to combine. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until mixture comes to a boil. - © Cook the sugar mixture around 6 minutes or until it begins to thickening and bubbling. Once thickened, give it a whisk and reduce heat to low.
- Lemon Filling (Temper the Yolk) - (a) Whisk the egg yolks together in a medium bowl or liquid measuring cup. - (b) Temper the eggs yolks by slowly adding half of the hot sugar mixture to the yolks while constantly whisking. Add the tempered yolks to the saucepan and return to the heat. - © Bring the mixture back to a simmer and cook, stirring constantly with a rubber spatula, for 1 minute. - (d) Remove from the heat and stir in the butter and lemon zest until completely melted and incorporated.
- Crust and Filling - Pour the filling directly into the pie crust and leave on the side
- Meringue (Foam) - (a) With a handheld mixer or a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, beat the egg whites and cream of tartar together on medium speed for 1-2 minute until bubbles foam - (b) Add the sugar and salt, then continue beating on high speed for about 2 more minutes.
- Meringue (Peaks) - (a) Place the bowl over a saucepan of simmering water, making sure the bottom of the bowl is not touching the water. Cook, whisking constantly, until the sugar is dissolved and the mixture feels hot to the touch. - (b) Transfer the bowl to the mixer and add the vanilla. Whisk on medium-high speed until stiff peaks form, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Bake - Back at 425°F for 10-15 minutes or until meringue is brown.
- Serve - Let pie sit at room temperature for 1 hour then chill for at least 4 hours before eating.
If you find this Lemon Meringue Pie recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.