Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect Lemon Meringue Pie recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Lemon Meringue Pie recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Lemon Meringue Pie recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Foods That Are Good For Your Heart.
You already are aware that the body requires the heart to be healthy. Consider this: if your heart is not healthy then the rest of you won’t be healthy. You already know that working out on a regular basis and leading a healthy lifestyle both factor greatly into the overall health of your heart. But are you aware that there are several foods that have been found to help you improve the health of your heart? In this article, you will find out which foods are great for your heart.
Fish is among the heartiest meats you can consume. You already know this because, by now, you’ve in all likelihood been instructed to consume fish at least a couple of times a week. This is especially true for people who suffer from heart problems or who are worried that their hearts are not in good shape. Fact: Fish is loaded with Omega 3s which are what helps break down and transform unhealthy cholesterol into good energy. Try including fish in at least two of your meals every week.
There are dozens (if not more) of foods you will find that that are great for your body. It’s true that everything mentioned in this article can help your body in a variety of ways. They are particularly good for the heart, however. Begin incorporating these healthy foods in your diet regularly. Your heart will thank you!
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to lemon meringue pie recipe. You can cook lemon meringue pie using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to cook Lemon Meringue Pie:
- Get 1 cup white sugar
- Get 2 TBS all-purpose flour
- Take 3 TBS cornstarch
- You need 1⁄4 tsp salt
- You need 1 1⁄2 cups water
- Provide 2 lemons, juiced and zested
- Use 2 TBS butter
- Get 4 egg yolks, beaten
- Get 1 (9-in) pie crust, baked
- Provide 4 egg whites
- Take 6 TBS white sugar
Steps to make Lemon Meringue Pie:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Make lemon filling: in a medium saucepan, whisk together 1 cup sugar, flour, cornstarch, and salt. Stir in water, lemon juice, and lemon zest. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until mixture comes to a boil.
- Stir in butter. Place egg yolks in a small bowl and gradually whisk in 1⁄2 of the hot sugar mixture. Whisk egg yolk mixture back into remaining sugar mixture. Bring to a boil and continue to cook while stirring constantly until thick. Remove from heat, pour mixture into baked pie shell.
- Make Meringue: in a large glass or metal bowl, whip egg whites until foamy. Add 6 TBS sugar gradually, and continue to whip until stiff peaks form. Spread meringue over pie, sealing the edges at the crust.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes, or until meringue is golden brown. Allow to cool. Store covered in refrigerator.
If you find this Lemon Meringue Pie recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.