Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, if you’re looking for Diner Style Lemon Meringue Pie recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Diner Style Lemon Meringue Pie recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Diner Style Lemon Meringue Pie recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Helping Your To Be Healthy And Strong with The Right Foods.
You already are aware that the body requires a heart that is strong and healthy. After all, if your heart is in bad shape then the rest of you isn’t going to be healthy too. You already know that daily exercise and a healthy lifestyle are vital in terms of the general health of your heart. Are you aware, though, that several specific foods are terrific for improving the health of your heart? If you want to know which foods you should be eating to improve your heart health, keep reading.
Know that blueberries are great for your heart. You should know that blueberries are a rich source of antioxidants, particularly pterostilbene. Pterostilbene is to blueberries as resveratrol is to grapes. This particular antioxidant helps the body be better at breaking down cholesterol and fats. The easier it is for your body to process fat and cholesterol, the less likely it is for those things to build up in your arteries and cause problems for your heart. That just means that it helps keep your heart healthy.
There are dozens (if not more) of foods out there that that are good for your body. The truth is that all the foods that we’ve talked about here can help your body in many ways. These foods are particularly good for the heart, however. Try to begin consuming these heart-healthy foods regularly. Your heart will benefit greatly!
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to diner style lemon meringue pie recipe. You can cook diner style lemon meringue pie using 22 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to cook Diner Style Lemon Meringue Pie:
- Use 1-9 inch deep dish pie crust
- Use Filling:
- Use 1⁄2 cup cornstarch
- You need 1 cup granulated sugar
- Use 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Provide Zest of 2 lemons
- Get 2 1⁄2 cups water
- Prepare 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup fresh lemon juice. See note
- You need 3 tablespoons butter not margarine
- Provide 4 egg yolks (keep whites for meringue)
- Get Mile High Meringue:
- Use 4 egg whites
- Provide 4 tablespoons granulated sugar
- Use Pinch salt
- You need 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Take Secret to no weep meringue:
- Take 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- You need 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Provide 1⁄2 cup water
- Prepare Note:
- Use I like mine slightly tart so I use 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- Provide Use 1⁄4 cup or to your preference for sweeter or tangier filling
Steps to make Diner Style Lemon Meringue Pie:
- Make your own 9 inch crust or use frozen. Bake at 350 until light golden brown. Cool completely.
- In heavy bottom sauce pan, combine sugar, cornstarch and water. Stir until dissolved.
- Heat over medium heat,stirring often,until thick and bubbling slightly.
- Whisk egg yolks and add 3 spoons of hot thickened filling to temper eggs stirring constantly.
- Add butter, lemon zest, lemon juice and tempered eggs into thickened mixture and stirring constantly cook until mixture thickens more and bubbles slightly.
- Pour filling into pre baked crust. Set on wire rack to cool.
- Wash pan and add 2 tablespoons sugar and 1 tablespoon cornstarch. Whisk.
- Stir in 1⁄2 cup water and cook until mixture thickens and starts to look like it is getting clear.
- Set aside to cool completely.
- Beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Add in the 4 tablespoons of sugar and vanilla.
- Beat to incorporate. Add the cooled mixture to egg whites and continue beating until stiff peaks form.
- Spread meringue over pie and with spoon slightly tap top and pull up to form small peaks.
- Brown in 350 degree oven until light brown.
- Cool completely and refrigerate covered in cake carrier so the meringue doesnt get messed up.
- Cool completely. I usually make mine a day ahead and let it chill overnight.
If you find this Diner Style Lemon Meringue Pie recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.