Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Mike's 40 Clove Baked Garlic Stuffed Game Hens & Veggies recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Mike's 40 Clove Baked Garlic Stuffed Game Hens & Veggies recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Helping Your To Be Healthy And Strong with The Right Foods.
You already know that you must have a strong and healthy heart. Of course, if your heart is unhealthy then the rest of you isn’t going to be healthy also. You already know that regular workout and a healthy lifestyle are imperative in terms of the general health of your heart. Still, are you aware that there are some foods that have been proven to help you improve your heart health? Keep reading to find out which foods are beneficial for your heart.
Be aware that your heart can benefit if you eat blueberries. Blueberries are a rich source of antioxidants, specially pterostilbene. Pterostilbene is to blueberries as resveratrol is to grapes. Pterostilbene is an antioxidant that helps the body be better at processing fats and choelsterol. When your body is great at breaking down these things, they will not clog your body and or cause issues for your heart. That, in turn, helps your heart be in tip-top shape.
There are lots of foods out there that that are great for your body. Without a doubt, the foods cited in this article can help your body in all sorts of ways. They are particularly good, though, for making your heart healthy as it possibly can. Try introducing these foods into your diet on a regular basis. Your heart will thank you!
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to mike's 40 clove baked garlic stuffed game hens & veggies recipe. You can cook mike's 40 clove baked garlic stuffed game hens & veggies using 19 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Mike's 40 Clove Baked Garlic Stuffed Game Hens & Veggies:
- You need 2 (5 oz) Game Hens [de-thawed - rinsed - dabbed dry inside & out]
- Prepare 40 Cloves Fresh Garlic [left whole - trim brown ends + 15 additional cloves for veggie bake]
- Provide 1 LG Lemon [quartered]
- Use 1 Bag Baby Potatoes [cleaned - left whole]
- Use 2 Bibs Celery [+ leaves - 1" chop]
- Prepare 1 Cup Fresh Baby Carrots [sliced in half]
- Prepare 1⁄2 Medium Red Onion [quartered]
- Use 1⁄2 Medium White Onion [quartered]
- Prepare 1⁄2 Cup Green Onions [sliced]
- Use 1 Green Bell Pepper [sliced]
- Provide 1 Stick Quality Salted Butter
- Use 1 Can (14 oz) Chicken Broth
- Use 1 tsp Lemon Pepper Seasoning
- Prepare 1 Tbsp Italian Seasoning
- You need 1 tsp Sea Salt
- Take 1 tsp Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- Take 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Get as needed as needeToasted Baguette Slices [with olive oil - served as a side]
- You need as needed Chicken Stuffing [to be used as a bed for hens]
Instructions to make Mike's 40 Clove Baked Garlic Stuffed Game Hens & Veggies:
- Here's about all you'll need.
- Pre-heat your oven to 425°.
- Trim the brown ends from your garlic. Stuff/pack de-thawed, rinsed hens innards with whole fresh garlic, [20 cloves a piece] lemon quarters and slivers of sliced onions. Tie off your hens legs with butchers twine to seal in your vegetables.
- Gently lift hen skins, rub in olive oil and season with a bit of lemon juice, lemon pepper and Italian Seasoning underneath.
- Rinse and chop vegetables and place at the base of your pan. Add 14 oz Chicken Broth, 1 cube of butter, [sliced] 15 garlic cloves, sea salt, pepper, Italian Seasoning and Lemon Pepper.
- Sprinkle chicken broth vegetable coated tops with sea salt, pepper, lemon pepper and Italian Seasoning.
- Place hens on an elevated rack just above your veggies and coat them with olive oil. Lightly sprinkle tops with salt, pepper, dried Parsley, Italian seasoning and lemon pepper seasoning.
- Wrap up hens and vegetables tightly with tinfoil. You'll want these hens and vegetables to steam together.
- Bake at 425° for 1.5 hours. - - To check for doneness - pierce the thickest piece of your largest hen with a knife. If its fluids run clear - you're good to go. Or, if your hens register 165° F with a thermometer. - - Also, use your carrots as your best [doneness] indicator for your veggies. If a knife slides easily thru them - everything else is fully baked. Including your potatoes.
- Once fully baked - raise oven temp to 450° - remove tinfoil - and allow hen skins to crisp for 10 minutes longer.
- Serve on a bed of Chicken Stuffing. Garnish with fresh parsley. - - Authors Tip: Make an easy 5 minute microwavable Chicken Stove Top Stuffing. But, substitute chicken broth for any water called for and add 2 tbsp dried onions and 1 tbsp dried parsley to that mixture. These easy steps really do make for a memorable stuffing.
- Bake or toast your Baguette Bread lightly coated with olive oil. You'll want this side dish for all of the delicious garlic, lemon and onions retrieved from your hens stuffing. It makes a great spread once mashed. Enjoy!
If you find this Mike's 40 Clove Baked Garlic Stuffed Game Hens & Veggies recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.