Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Tangy Sweet Roasted Carrots recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Tangy Sweet Roasted Carrots recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Heart Friendly Foods You Need To Be Eating.
You already are aware that you must have a fit and healthy heart. Consider this: if your heart isn’t healthy then the rest of you won’t be healthy. You already know that getting regular exercise and leading a healthy lifestyle both factor to a great extent into the overall health of your heart. Still, are you aware that there are several foods that have been found to help you improve your heart health? Keep on reading to find out which foods are best for your heart.
Beans–seriously–are really beneficial for your heart. The after effects of eating beans might not have a good smell, but they’re terrific for your body. This doesn’t mean that simply eating beans will weaken the effects of other unhealthy foods you might be eating. What is true, however, is that including kidney beans on your salad instead of chicken or eating soy burgers instead of beef hamburgers is a great course of action to take. Fortunately, beans are delicious and you never know, you could end up preferring them to your beefburgers and chicken.
There are lots of foods that you can eat that are beneficial for your body. The truth is that everything that we’ve mentioned here can help your body in a variety of ways. They are essentially wonderful, though, for helping you keep your heart healthy. Begin consuming these foods on a regular basis. Your heart is going to be a lot heartier if you do!
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to tangy sweet roasted carrots recipe. To make tangy sweet roasted carrots you only need 8 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Tangy Sweet Roasted Carrots:
- Get 1 lb sliced carrots, baby carrots, chopped carrots.
- Provide 2 tsp onion powder
- You need 1 tsp garlic powder
- Use 1⁄16 tsp ground red (cayenne) pepper
- You need 1⁄8 tsp salt (10 grinds on my salt grinder)
- Take 1⁄8 tsp black pepper (6 grinds on my grinder)
- Prepare 1⁄2 cup loose (not packed) dark brown sugar
- Get 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
Instructions to make Tangy Sweet Roasted Carrots:
- Preparation: Preheat oven to 375°F. Prepare baking sheet or shallow pan by lining with foil and parchment (to avoid heavy scrubbing of pan afterward.)
- Place carrots in medium-large bowl.
- Mix spices into a small bowl, and mix together.
- Place sugar into a medium bowl. Break up large clumps of sugar with back of spoon.
- Mix spices and sugar together until well-mixed and few, if any, lumps.
- Mix olive oil into spice/sugar mixture to make a loose paste or slurry.
- Add slurry to carrots and mix/toss until all pieces are well coated.
- Spread carrots onto prepared baking pan.
- Bake at least 30 minutes, until tender and some edges are browning. The time will be dependent on the thickness and overall size of carrot pieces.
- Additional notes: When I anticipate being pressed for time, I will follow the recipe up through the point where the spice mixture is tossed with the carrots. After that, I will put the bowl (or zip bag or other container) of carrots into the refrigerator for up to a day or so before roasting. Allow some extra time for the roasting (just another 5 minutes or so) if you start with cold carrots. I have mixed this up in the evening, put it in the refrigerator, come home from work, turned the oven on, and then finished the recipe so it is cooking while I change clothes, set the table, get the rest of dinner ready. So, while the cooking time isn't short, it is an easy recipe.
If you find this Tangy Sweet Roasted Carrots recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.