Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Lancashire hotpot recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Lancashire hotpot recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Heart Friendly Foods You Must Eat.
You already know that you should have a fit and healthy heart. After all, if your heart isn’t healthy then the rest of you isn’t going to be healthy also. You already know that daily exercise and a healthy lifestyle are important in terms of the overall health of your heart. However, did you know that there are a number of foods that have been discovered to help you improve the health of your heart? If you would like to know what to eat to improve your heart health, keep on reading.
Have you ever heard the adage “an apple a day keeps the doctor away”? Apples are loaded with things that will promote a healthy heart. They contain loads of soluble fiber which works kind of like a scrub brush on your artery walls so that cholesterol can’t collect and build up into blockages. The truth is that eating a single Red Delicious apple daily can trigger as much as an eight percent decrease in your LDL levels. That’s a great number if you’re endeavoring to make your heart healthy!
There are dozens (if not more) of foods you will find that that are good for your body. It’s true that each of the food brought up in this article can help your body in many ways. They are particularly good, though, for keeping your heart as healthy as it can be. Try incorporating these foods in your diet regularly. Your heart will thank you!
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to lancashire hotpot recipe. To cook lancashire hotpot you need 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Lancashire hotpot:
- Prepare 3 lbs cubed lamb
- Use 1 tbsp veg oil & 1 tbsp butter for sautéing
- Get 1 cup baby carrots diced
- Provide 1 1⁄2 large brown onions diced large
- Provide 4 cups beef broth
- You need 8 tbsp flour
- Prepare 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- Provide 4 large red potatoes sliced thin
- You need 1 tbsp butter for brushing potatoes
- Provide to taste Salt, pepper, thyme
Instructions to make Lancashire hotpot:
- Heat oven to 325°. In a deep casserole dish (or cast iron skillet) brown the lamb in the butter and oil and seasoning with salt, pepper, and thyme. Remove from heat and set aside (lamb will finish cooking in oven)
- Add carrots and onions to skillet and add a tsp beef broth here and there to prevent from burning (deglaze) Lightly season (because the beef broth has a a lot of sodium)
- Once onions are carmelized add the lamb back and sprinkle 4 tbsp of flour over the mixture. Mix then add the beef broth. Bring to a simmer til it thickens. Add Worcestershire sauce, and stir well.
- Cover with foil and place in oven for 30 min
- Remove from oven and add remaining 4 tbsp of flour to thicken. Whisk in quickly and add potatoes sliced on top. Brush with 1 tbsp melted butter with salt and pepper added to it. Sprinkle thyme on top. Recover and bake for another hour.
- Remove foil and turn oven up to 400° and bake for another 40 min. Garnish with parsley!
If you find this Lancashire hotpot recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.