Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect Barbecue Chicken Empanadas recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Barbecue Chicken Empanadas recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Barbecue Chicken Empanadas recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about In This Post We Are Going To Be Checking Out The Lots Of Benefits Of Coconut Oil.
Many men and women do not recognize that coconut oil has a large amount of benefits to it and is really something you should be using on a regular basis. Unlike other products you are able to purchase currently available this item will have a wide variety of health advantages for your body. You ought to also be aware that coconut oil is not just something you can use inside your body to be healthy but also something you are able to use externally. In the following paragraphs we are going to be looking at some of the benefits which are connected with the use of coconut oil when compared to other oils.
An additional amazing side effect of using this kind of product is that coconut oil will in fact help you lose weight by improving your metabolism. In fact studies have shown that individuals can wind up burning off three times more calories by simply making use of this simple product inside their diet. This is in fact great news for any person has ever had difficulties trying to lose weight or for men and women who are trying to lose weight quicker. And for those of you were trying to lose some weight but feel sluggish all of the time due to this, you will discover that coconut oil winds up providing you with more energy simply because it’s improving your metabolism.
Yet another benefit of coconut oil, although this has not yet been completely proven is that it could have healing affects such as antiviral and anti bacterial. One of the greatest things you’re going to have the ability to do for your body is to begin using coconut oil as opposed to the other oils that you might be using at this current time. There is no doubt that in time organizations are going to be promoting coconut oil supplements, nevertheless now that you are aware of the benefits this is something you can begin using today.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to barbecue chicken empanadas recipe. To cook barbecue chicken empanadas you need 11 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Barbecue Chicken Empanadas:
- Use 4 Bone-in chicken breasts (about 2 cups shredded)
- Provide 2 Corn on the cob (to yield about 1⁄2 cup kernels)
- Take 1 tbsp Olive oil
- Use 2 medium Potatoes, peeled and diced (about 1 cup)
- Provide 1 small Sweet onion, finely chopped (about 1⁄4 cup)
- Prepare 2 Fresh jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped, (about 2 tablespoons)
- Take 3 large Garlic cloves, minced
- Prepare 1 cup Barbecue Sauce
- Get 1 Egg white
- Prepare 1 packages Empanada discs (14 ounce package, found in frozen section of most markets), thawed overnight in refrigerator or a couple of hours on countertop (leave in package to thaw).
- Provide 1 Few springs fresh cilantro for garnish
Instructions to make Barbecue Chicken Empanadas:
- Place chicken in a large stock pot and add water to cover chicken. Bring to a boil, then immediately turn heat to low. Simmer for 20 minutes. Turn off heat, remove chicken from water and place on a plate to cool. Once cooled, pull chicken from bones into fine shreds. Measure out 2 cups and set aside. *Note: Do NOT overcook chicken, or the meat will be chewy. It will continue to cook during baking.
- Heat a heavy cast iron grill pan over high heat and add corn, turning cobs frequently until blackened in several spots, about 4 minutes per 4 sides. Remove from pan, let cool. Slice kernels from cobs and measure out 1⁄2 cup and set aside.
- Heat large saute pan over medium heat and add 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add diced potatoes and stir fry for approximately 10 minutes, until potatoes are soft and golden brown. Add chopped onion and chopped jalapeno and stir fry for an additional 5 minutes. Add minced garlic and continue to stir fry for another 2 minutes, so as not to burn the garlic.
- Lower heat to medium low, add shredded chicken, corn kernels, and 1 cup of barbecue sauce to pan and gently fold ingredients together to cover with sauce. Simmer mixture for about 5 minutes. Turn off heat and allow mixture to cool in pan.
- At this point, preheat oven to 350°F.
- Gently separate dough disks and, using a rolling pin, place each disc on a piece of wax paper and roll each disc out until each is about 1 inch larger in diameter. Scoop out 1⁄4 cup of filling and spread horizontally along the center of each empanada disc. Gently bring the bottom edge over the filling and press to the top of the disc to form a semi-circle and press firmly together to seal. Starting from one corner of the empanada to the other end, pinch to seal or simply crimp together with a fork. Set side-by-side down the length of a parchment-lined half baking sheet. You should have 10 filled empanadas with leftover filling that will go well as a topping over rice.
- Whip egg white until foamy and, using a pastry brush, lightly brush tops (including crimped parts) of each filled empanada.
- Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes, until tops of empanadas are golden brown.
- Remove from oven, let cool for 5 minutes, and serve.
- *Serve alongside barbecue rice and garnish with fresh cilantro.
- Note: Filling can be made ahead and stored in the refrigerator overnight.
If you find this Barbecue Chicken Empanadas recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.