Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Good Friday Fish Pie recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Good Friday Fish Pie recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Heart Friendly Foods You Should Eat.
You already are certain that you should have a fit and healthy heart. Give it some thought: How can the rest of your body remain healthy if your heart is in bad shape? You already know that getting regular exercise and adopting a healthy lifestyle both factor to a great extent into the overall health of your heart. But are you aware that there are several foods that have been found to help you improve the health of your heart? In this article, you will find out which foods are beneficial for your heart.
Fish is possibly the healthiest food you can ingest. You may already be aware of this as you’ve probably been told to see to it that you eat fish at least a couple of times a week. This is especially true for individuals with heart problems or are worrying that their hearts are unhealthy. Fish is packed full of Omega 3’s which work to process cholesterol and transform it into healthy energy. Try eating fish in two meals every week.
There are lots of foods that you can eat that are good for your body. No doubt, the foods mentioned in this article can help your body in numerous ways. They are essentially great, though, for promoting a healthy heart. Introduce these foods into your diet every day. Your heart will be so much better if you do!
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to good friday fish pie recipe. To make good friday fish pie you only need 10 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to cook Good Friday Fish Pie:
- Get 450 grams cod or haddock fillets
- Provide 100 grams prawns
- Use 600 ml milk
- Provide 40 grams butter
- You need 40 grams plain flour
- Get 3 tsp fresh chopped parsley
- Take 900 grams potatoes
- Prepare 100 ml cream or milk
- You need 50 grams butter
- Provide 100 grams grated red cheese
Instructions to make Good Friday Fish Pie:
- Preheat oven to gas 5
- Put fish in oven proof dish with milk
- Add salt and pepper, bake for 15 minutes.
- Strain milk from fish and reserve.
- Flake the fish and put back in bowl, add prawns.
- Melt butter in saucepan and add flour, mix well.
- Remove from heat and slowly add reserved milk, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Bring sauce back to the boil while stirring until sauce thickens.
- Pour over the fish.
- Boil potatoes in salted water.
- Mash potatoes with milk or cream, butter and pepper.
- Cover fish with the mash and smooth over with fork.
- Sprinkle over grated cheese, bake for 20 - 25 minutes
- Serve with fresh garden peas and crusty bread.
If you find this Good Friday Fish Pie recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.