Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Knefla grandma's yummy dumpling/potato/sausage dish! recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Knefla grandma's yummy dumpling/potato/sausage dish! recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Coconut Oil Is Actually A Fantastic Product And Can Also Be Advantageous For Your Health.
Coconut oil will be one thing that can actually help people live a longer and healthier life and something you should begin to use today. Unlike other products you are able to purchase currently available this device will have a wide variety of health advantages for your body. Another thing I would like to point out concerning the use of coconut oil is that it’s not only something which can be used internally or externally, it is something that can be used for both. If you are wondering what a few of these benefits are you should be happy to realize that we’re going to be explaining to you in this post what some of these benefits may be.
One more thing a large number of individuals would never do with any traditional sorts of vegetable oils would be to use this directly on their skin, nevertheless this is recommended when it comes to coconut oil. You will find that this will in fact help anyone who may possess some kind of a skin rash as the ingredients in coconut oil offers a healing effect. There are other advantages of making use of this on your skin such as the fact that it can present you with a younger look and it is also filled with antioxidants that can be absorbed in the skin.
Something else I want to mention is that there’ve actually been scientific studies performed which show that coconut oil could have anti bacterial an antiviral effects on the body. If you have other oils in your home I would suggest getting rid of them and replacing them with coconut oil on account of the many benefits which can be connected with it. There are different vitamin organizations right now contemplating the thought of promoting coconut oil as a supplement, but you are able to start receiving the benefits from this oil today.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to knefla grandma's yummy dumpling/potato/sausage dish! recipe. You can cook knefla grandma's yummy dumpling/potato/sausage dish! using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to cook Knefla grandma's yummy dumpling/potato/sausage dish!:
- Use 4 cups all purpose flour
- Provide 3⁄4 cup crisco shortening
- Provide About 1 1⁄2 cups of your choice of broth (warm)
- You need 2 tbsp butter
- You need 1 large onion
- Use 2 packs beef 'lil smokies, drained
- You need Several large potatoes
- Provide to taste Salt and pepper
Steps to make Knefla grandma's yummy dumpling/potato/sausage dish!:
- First we'll start with the dough for your dumplings! Put the 4 cups of flour into a large mixing bowl and salt to taste. Mix well and add the 3⁄4 cup of crisco. Cut in with a pastry knife until it resembles cornmeal. Add enough warm broth to make a stiff dough (usually about 1 1⁄2 cups) mix until just combined. Cover and put in the fridge for later.
- Melt the 2 tbsp butter in a pan or skillet big enough to hold your chopped onion and 2 packs of 'lil smokies. On medium-low heat, let the onion get tender and brown your weenies.
- Chop your potatoes into large chunks (Small chunks will make this a weird mashed potato dish) and bring them to a boil in a large pot. The water should more than cover the tops of the potatoes because you'll be adding the dumplings to the same boiling water.
- Once you can stab a fork through the potatoes with little effort, start pinching off pieces of dough with your fingers and adding them to the boiling water. (Be careful not to splash!) The dough cooks quickly so work fast and try to make them all the same size. Taste test a dumpling a minute or so after you've pinched all the dough in. You want them to be slightly fluffy- not doughy at all.
- Strain your potatoes and dumplings and add the weenies and onion to the pot. Mix together and salt and pepper to taste! (It might sound weird that the only seasonings I use are salt and pepper but I suggest trying it this way before spicing it up!)
If you find this Knefla grandma's yummy dumpling/potato/sausage dish! recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.