Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Shepherd's Pie Twice Baked Potatoes recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Shepherd's Pie Twice Baked Potatoes recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Some Foods That Help Your Heart.
You already know that you have to have a healthy heart. Obviously, if your heart is unhealthy then the rest of you isn’t going to be healthy too. You already know that if you want your heart to be healthy, you need to lead a good and healthy lifestyle and get regular exercise. Did you know, however, that a number of specific foods are terrific for making your heart feel better? In the following paragraphs, you will discover which foods are beneficial for your heart.
Fish is perhaps the healthiest food you can ingest. You’re probably already aware of this because your doctor has advised you to ingest some fish at least two or three times a week. This is especially true for those whose hearts aren’t healthy or doing well. Fact: Fish is loaded with Omega 3’s which work to process cholesterol and turn it into healthy energy. Try to include fish in at least two of your meals each week.
There are plenty of foods that you can include in your diet that are good for your body. The truth is that everything that we’ve discussed here can help your body in many ways. They are essentially good, though, for keeping your heart as healthy as it can be. Try to start eating these hearty foods daily. Your heart will benefit greatly!
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to shepherd's pie twice baked potatoes recipe. You can cook shepherd's pie twice baked potatoes using 20 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Shepherd's Pie Twice Baked Potatoes:
- Use For the Beef Part
- Use 1 lb ground beef
- You need 1⁄2-1 carrot, minced (I used 1⁄2)
- Provide 1⁄2 medium sized onion, minced
- You need 2 tbsp chili powder
- Get 1⁄2 tbsp adobo seasoning
- Get to taste salt and pepper
- Prepare For the Potatoes
- You need 4 large Russet Potatoes
- Prepare 2 tbsp garlic powder
- Provide 2 tbsp sour cream
- Take 2 tbsp chicken broth
- Prepare 1 cup cheddar cheese, divided
- Prepare 2 tbsp milk
- You need 1 tbsp flour
- Get 1 tbsp butter, melted
- Get Optional
- Take Optional Gravies/Sauces to serve with!
- Get Beef Gravy
- Take Mushroom Gravy
Steps to make Shepherd's Pie Twice Baked Potatoes:
- Preheat oven to 425°. Wash potatoes well.
- Bake potatoes for 45-50 minutes, or until they can be easily stabbed with a fork. (I actually was running late on getting dinner started and have a Potato Express handy, so I used that and microwaved for 5 minutes)
- While the potatoes are baking, mince the onion and carrot. Brown the ground beef, and add the veggies, chili powder, adobo seasoning, and salt and pepper. Stir fry until veggies are tender. (Whoops, forgot to take a picture of the beef!)
- Once potatoes are done baking, carefully cut and outline around the top, pull up the skin, and use a spoon to scoop as much potato out as possible. Be careful not to burn yourself!
- Add the milk, sour cream, chicken broth, garlic powder, and half of the cheese to the potato innards and mash them. Add more milk if you'd like them creamier.
- Stir the beef mixture into the mashed potatoes until well mixed. Set aside.
- In a small bowl or cup, melt the butter. Add the flour and any additional spices (I added extra adobo) and stir to make a thick paste. Spread this paste into the bottom of and sides of the potatoes.
- Stuff the potatoes with the beef mixture, and pile it on top too!
- Add remaining cheese and bake for 10inutes, or until cheese has melted.
- Enjoy! We ate ours with a bit of sour cream on the side. I had Mac n cheese with mine, because I'll never say no to Mac n cheese! :)
If you find this Shepherd's Pie Twice Baked Potatoes recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.