Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, if you’re looking for Tex-mex Shepards Pie recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Tex-mex Shepards Pie recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Tex-mex Shepards Pie recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Heart Friendly Foods You Must Eat.
You already realize that the body requires a heart that is strong and healthy. Consider this: if your heart is not healthy then the rest of your body won’t be either. You already know that if you want your heart to be healthy, you have to adopt a good and healthy lifestyle and exercise regularly. Did you already know, however, that there are a number of foods that can help your heart be healthy? If you would like to know which foods you should be eating to improve your heart health, keep on reading.
Know that your heart needs blueberries. Blueberries are rich in antioxidants, particularly pterostilbene. Pterostilbene works just like the resveratrol in grapes. Pterostilbene is an antioxidant that helps the body be better at breaking down cholesterol as well as fats. When your body is efficient at breaking down these things, they aren’t going to accumulate in your system and or cause heart problems. What that means is that it helps keep your heart healthy.
There are many foods that you can add to your diet that will be great for your body. To be sure, the foods listed in this article can help your body in all sorts of ways. They are particularly wonderful, however, for helping you keep your heart healthy. Try to start consuming these hearty foods every day. Your heart will be a lot heartier if you do!
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to tex-mex shepards pie recipe. You can cook tex-mex shepards pie using 14 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Tex-mex Shepards Pie:
- Take 1 1⁄2 lb Ground beef
- Get 15 1⁄4 oz can of sweet corn
- Take 28 oz diced tomatoes (drained well)
- Use 1 onion
- Take 1 garlic powder
- Provide 1 black pepper
- Take 1 envelope taco seasoning
- Provide 1 box jiffy corn muffin mix
- Prepare 1 shredded cheese
- Provide 4 each green onions
- Get 1 red pepper
- Provide 1 large egg
- Provide 2⁄3 cup milk
- Take 1 Goya adobo seasoning
Steps to make Tex-mex Shepards Pie:
- Preheat oven to 400°F and prep baking dish with cooking spray.
- Cook down ground beef until little granules, like taco meat, and drain.
- Onions, pepper, and green onions and saute in the same vessel as the beef.
- Add beef back to pot and reheat thoroughly. At this time, add seasonings, drained tomatoes and drained corn and turn heat up a bit to cook some liquid out, just about 5 min or so.
- While this is going, mix corn muffin batter with 1 egg and milk. The box will probably say 1⁄3 cup, but about doubling it makes it so the cornbread spreads more evenly and smoothly.
- Dump meat mixture into prepared baking dish and top evenly with corn muffin batter., pushing carefully into the sides to almost seal the meaty goodness.
- Bake about 18 min, or until corn bread topping is done.
- Serve hot garnished with cheese. I eat mine with a little plain Greek yogurt and hot sauce. Enjoy!
If you find this Tex-mex Shepards Pie recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.