Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Corned Beef & Cabbage recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Corned Beef & Cabbage recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Corned Beef & Cabbage recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Foods That Help Your Heart.
You already know that you have to have a fit and healthy heart. After all, if your heart is unhealthy then the rest of you isn’t going to be healthy either. You already know that if you want your heart to be healthy, you have to follow a good and healthy lifestyle and get regular exercise. Do you know, though, that there are several foods that can help you have a healthy heart? If you are interested to know which foods you should be eating to improve your heart health, keep on reading.
Do you remember hearing the old saying “an apple a day keeps the doctor away”? In reality, apples have lots of minerals and elements that promote a healthy heart. They’re high in soluble fiber which functions as a scrubber on your artery walls, keeping the cholesterol from accumulating and causing blockages. One Red Delicious apple each day can make your bad cholesterol levels go down by as much as 8%! That’s a wonderful number for somebody who desires a healthier heart.
There are many foods that you can eat that are great for your body. No doubt, the foods discussed in this article can help your body in many ways. They are particularly terrific, though, for keeping your heart as healthy as it can be. Begin eating these foods regularly. Your heart will thank you!
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to corned beef & cabbage recipe. To make corned beef & cabbage you need 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to cook Corned Beef & Cabbage:
- Use 4-5 pound corned beef brisket, packaged
- Provide 1 bay leaf
- You need 3-4 whole allspice
- Take 1 clove garlic, unpeeled
- Use 2-3 whole cloves
- Use 1 tsp. mustard seed
- Provide 1 tsp. coriander seed (optional)
- Prepare Dash cinnamon
- Take 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Use 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- You need 1 medium – large head of cabbage cut in 4 or 8 piece wedges
- Prepare 1.5 pounds new or red potatoes, quartered
Instructions to make Corned Beef & Cabbage:
- To prepare the cured corned beef, rinse it under cool water. Discard the seasoning packet, since this is not very fresh ingredients, and use your own!
- Place the meat in a small deep roasting pan. Add all the spices and the sugar. Cover the meat with cold water and place a lid on top. Place it in a warming oven and set the temp at 325 degrees. Simmer for about 3 hours. *If using a crockpot, set at lower temp setting and cook a bit longer.
- Allow the meat to cool in the broth. Skim off the water surface and discard the seasonings in the pot.
- With 40 minutes left in the cooking time, prepare the cabbage. Drive a long toothpick into the center of each wedge. Place wedges in a large pot with about 2” of water and cover with a lid.
- Heat the water in the pot to a boiling temp then reduce to a medium heat. Keep covered and steam for about 20 minutes until it’s slightly soft.
- Boil potatoes in a separate pot until slightly soft, then drain. Place them in an oven pan, drizzle with oil, and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove the meat to a cutting board and slice against the grain.
- Place the slices of beef on a plate with sliced wedges of cabbage and potatoes. Spoon the broth over the meat and vegetables.
- Serve with a variety of mustards or sour cream w/ horseradish sauce.
If you find this Corned Beef & Cabbage recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.