Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Pastelon recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Pastelon recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Foods That Benefit Your Heart.
You already know that the body needs a healthy heart. Obviously, if your heart is in bad shape then the rest of you isn’t going to be healthy either. You already know that regular exercise and a healthy lifestyle are imperative in terms of the total health of your heart. Do you know, however, that a number of specific foods are great for making your heart be healthier? In the following paragraphs, you will learn which foods are good for your heart.
Fish is probably the healthiest food you can consume. You already know this because, by now, you’ve probably been told to consume fish at least a couple of times a week. This is particularly true for individuals whose hearts are not in good shape. Fact: Fish is high in Omega 3s which are what helps process and transform unhealthy cholesterol into good energy. Try to include fish in at least two of your meals each week.
There are plenty of foods that you can consume that are good for your body. The truth is that each of the foods that we’ve talked about here can help your body in lots of different ways. They are particularly wonderful, though, for promoting a healthy heart. Introduce these healthy foods into your diet every day. Your heart will be grateful for it!
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to pastelon recipe. To cook pastelon you need 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Pastelon:
- Get 7 packages Goya brand sweet green bananas (Maduras), thawed
- Prepare 1 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- Use 2-3 tbsp adobo (or to taste)
- Get 2-3 tbsp black pepper
- Prepare 1 (8 oz.) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- Prepare 6 large eggs, beaten
- Prepare 1⁄2 envelope sazon
- Prepare 1⁄4 cup sofrito
- Get 1 tbsp minced garlic
- You need 1 medium diced onion
- You need 1 can green beans, drained (optional)
- Use 1 1⁄2 packages mixed colby jack shredded cheese
Steps to make Pastelon:
- Brown beef with all seasonings, sofrito, & onion. Then add tomatoes. Cook till some of liquid evaporates, then set aside.
- Preheat oven @ 375°. In a greased with butter 9x13 or lasagna pan, layer the tostones covering bottom of pan in 1 layer.
- Top with ground beef mixture, then green beans, & then cheese. Repeat for 2 more layers.
- Pour beaten eggs over whole dish, especially the corners. Fork so the egg can distribute through because it acts as a binder for cutting later (like lasagna).
- Top with layer of cheese, cover with foil & bake for 30 - 40 minutes. Let stand for @ least 15 minutes before serving to make sure the egg binds it better. Then serve with green beans or salad.
If you find this Pastelon recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.