Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, if you’re looking for 'Indonesian' beef stew recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect 'Indonesian' beef stew recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to 'Indonesian' beef stew recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Heart Friendly Foods You Should Eat.
You already have some knowledge of how essential it is to have a heart that is healthy. Consider this: if your heart isn’t healthy then the rest of you won’t be healthy either. You already know that exercising regularly and sticking to a healthy lifestyle both factor to a great extent into the overall health of your heart. Did you know, though, that some specific foods are terrific for improving the health of your heart? Today, you will find out which foods are good for your heart.
Fish is just about the healthiest food out there. You’re probably already aware of this because your health care provider has told you to eat some fish twice or thrice every week. This is especially true for people whose hearts aren’t healthy or doing well. Be aware that fish has lots of Omega 3’s which are what enables your body to break down bad cholesterol. Try to eat fish in at least two meals each week.
There are lots of foods that are terrific for your body. It’s true that every food brought up in this article can help your body in many ways. They are particularly terrific, though, for promoting a healthy heart. Try to begin eating these health food every day. Your heart will be so much healthier if you do!
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to 'indonesian' beef stew recipe. To make 'indonesian' beef stew you only need 12 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make 'Indonesian' beef stew:
- Take 2 small onions
- Take 1 glove of garlic
- Take 2 tbs butter
- Get 400 g beef, rib or other stew cuts
- Provide 100 ml red wine
- Get 100 ml water
- Prepare 5 tbs ketjap (or soy sauce)
- Prepare 3 thyme springs (or 1tbs dried thyme)
- You need 2 bayleafs
- Take 4 cloves
- Provide 2 tbs tomato ketchup
- Get 1 tbs potato starch (or general binding agent)
Steps to make 'Indonesian' beef stew:
- Roughly chop the onions and peel the garlic.
- Season the beef generously on both sides with salt and pepper.
- On medium heat melt some butter and start cooking the onions and the garlic. Use a garlic press, or mince the garlic.
- When the onions are halfway there, make room for the beef. You could do this in stages, but why bother…
- Brown the beef on both sides. Render out as much fat as you can.
- Pour the ketjap over the meat and give it a minute to boil and let it flavor the beef. Don't let it evaporate completely though. Don't worry if it is too much or too little, you can adjust for salt with the final seasoning.
- From the side of the pan, add the wine and the water. It should just cover the meat, depending on the size of the pan.
- Add the spices and the tomato ketchup and stir till combined.
- Cover and let simmer for at least 4 hours. Check every hour or so for liquid, and add water if it appears to become dry. Also turn the beef over to help even cooking. It may fall apart already, that is fine.
- After this time break up the beef into chunks of your desired size. And remove the thyme springs and bayleafs.
- Mix the potato starch with a teaspoon of cold water and mix it up, before stirring it through the stew. Taste and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with fries, potatoes, rice or just plain. And don't forget to eat some vegetables as well.
If you find this 'Indonesian' beef stew recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.