Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect Beef Stew (Boeuf Bourguignon) recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Beef Stew (Boeuf Bourguignon) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Beef Stew (Boeuf Bourguignon) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Heart Friendly Foods You Must Eat.
You already have some knowledge of how crucial it is to have a heart that is healthy. Here’s something for you to think about: if your heart isn’t fit then the rest of your body won’t be healthy either. You already know that regular workout and a healthy lifestyle are imperative in terms of the total health of your heart. Still, did you know that there are several foods that have been discovered to help you improve your heart health? Keep on reading to discover which foods are beneficial for your heart.
Be aware that blueberries are great for your heart. Here’s a fact: Blueberries have lots of antioxidants, specially pterostilbene. Pterostilbene performs very much like the resveratrol that is found in grapes. This specific antioxidant can help your body improve its ability to process the fat and cholesterol you eat. The better it is for your body to process fat and cholesterol, the less apt it is for those things to accumulate in your arteries and cause heart problems. That, essentially, helps your heart be as healthy as possible.
There are lots of foods that are terrific for your body. The truth is that everything that we’ve talked about here can help your body in a variety of ways. They are especially great for the heart, though. Try to begin eating these foods daily. Your heart will thank you!
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to beef stew (boeuf bourguignon) recipe. You can cook beef stew (boeuf bourguignon) using 17 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Beef Stew (Boeuf Bourguignon):
- You need 12 slices hickory smoked bacon, chopped
- Take 3 lbs chuck beef cup into 1" cubes
- Use 1 lb carrots cubed
- You need 2 yellow onions chopped
- Provide 5 cloves garlic, chopped
- Get 2 cups red wine
- Prepare 3 cups beef stock
- Take 2 tbsp tomato paste
- You need 1 tbsp thyme
- Provide 4 tbsp butter
- Use 3 tbsp flour
- Use 1 lb pearl onions whole
- Prepare 1 lb mushrooms sliced thickly
- Get 3 bay leaves
- Prepare salt
- You need pepper
- Take parsley for garnish
Steps to make Beef Stew (Boeuf Bourguignon):
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Heat 2 TB oil in large Dutch oven (or heavy, oven-safe pot with tight fitting lid.) Add bacon and cook over medium until evenly and lightly browned throughout. Using a slotted spoon, remove bacon to a large plate. Remaining oil and grease should stay in the pot.
- Using paper towels, thoroughly dry uncooked beef and sprinkle the cubes evenly with a thin layer of kosher salt and fresh ground pepper. Reheat the oil/bacon grease in the Dutch oven and sear the beef cubes in a single layer, working in batches, until each cube is brown on all sides. Do not over crowd the pan, making sure to leave some space between each piece of beef. Add more oil as needed to finish browning. Set beef aside in plate with the bacon.
- If needed, add oil and heat oil. Add carrots, onions, garlic, kosher salt, black pepper and saute for 5 minutes until onions are lightly browned.
- Add beef and bacon back into Dutch oven with their juices. Add the wine and enough beef broth to almost cover all the meat. Add tomato paste, thyme, and bay leaves. Bring to simmer, stirring occasionally. Once liquid is reaches a simmer, cover the pot with tight fitting lid and place in oven for 1.5 to 2 hours, or until meat is very tender when pierced with fork.
- Meanwhile, mix together butter with flour in small bowl and set aside. Saute mushrooms with butter in skillet just until mushrooms start to become soft.
- Remove stew from oven. Add the butter/flour mixture, frozen pearl onions, and mushrooms to the stew. Bring to a boil on stovetop and immediately reduce to simmer. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes. Skim off any fat off the top. Remove bay leaves. Season with additional kosher salt and fresh pepper to taste.
If you find this Beef Stew (Boeuf Bourguignon) recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.