Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Mike's, "That's A Wrap!" Asian Lettuce Wraps recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Mike's, "That's A Wrap!" Asian Lettuce Wraps recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Mike's, "That's A Wrap!" Asian Lettuce Wraps recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Coconut Oil Is Actually A Great Product And Can Also Be Advantageous For Your Health.
In this day and age of people are trying to live a healthier life and you’re going to discover that the use of coconut oil can help you accomplish this. Unlike other products you are able to purchase on the market today this device is going to have a wide variety of health advantages for your body. Something else I want to point out concerning the use of coconut oil is that it’s not only a thing that can be used internally or externally, it is a thing that can be used for both. Coconut oil is much more useful than other oils you are able to purchase and in this article we will be telling you why.
One more thing quite a lot of you may possibly like relating to this product is that it can in fact increase weight loss as a result of the fact that it increases your metabolism. In fact studies have shown that folks can end up burning off three times more calories by simply making use of this simple product in their diet. If you happen to be one of the folks trying to drop some weight in America today you’ll definitely find that adding coconut oil into your daily routine is something which is going to be able to help you accomplish your goals. And for those of you were trying to lose some weight but feel sluggish all the time due to this, you are going to find that coconut oil winds up providing you with more energy mainly because it is boosting your metabolism.
Another benefit of coconut oil, although this has not yet been entirely proven is that it could have healing affects for example antiviral and anti bacterial. For those of you that are looking to live a healthier life you might find that removing your traditional cooking oils and replace it with coconut oil can be a terrific place to start. There’s no doubt that in time organizations will be promoting coconut oil supplements, however now that you’re aware of the benefits this is something you can begin using today.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to mike's, "that's a wrap!" asian lettuce wraps recipe. To make mike's, "that's a wrap!" asian lettuce wraps you need 35 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Mike's, "That's A Wrap!" Asian Lettuce Wraps:
- You need Spiced Meat Mixture
- You need 2 lb 93% Lean 7% Fat Hamburger Meat [it's important this specific meat blend be used]
- Get 1 tbsp Shaoxing Wine [OR] Dry Sherry [AND] 1 tablespoon Thai Kitchen Premium Fish Sauce
- You need 4 tbsp Hoisin Sauce [more if desired]
- You need 1 1⁄2 tbsp Sesame Seed Oil
- Take 1⁄4 tsp Chinese 5 Spice
- You need 1 can 4 oz Bamboo [chopped]
- Prepare 1 can 8 oz Water Chestnuts [chopped]
- Get 3 tbsp Minced Garlic
- Use 2 tbsp Each: Sriracha & Soy Sauce
- Take 1⁄4 cup Each: Fresh Cilantro - Green Onions - White Onions [chopped]
- Provide 1 tbsp Each: Black Pepper - Finely Chopped Jalapeños - Dehydrated Onions - Minced Ginger - Red Pepper Flakes -
- Use 1⁄3 cup Beef Broth [to steam meat]
- You need Lettuce Wrap Toppers
- Get 1 lb Large Fresh Crispy Bib Lettuce Leaves [or 16 oversized leaves of your choosing]
- Provide 2 tbsp Each: Chopped Fresh Or Pickled Ginger - Fresh Thai Or Regular Basil - Finely Minced Jalapeños
- You need 10 slice Each: 5" Long Diakon Radishes - 5" Long Green Onions - 5" Long Celery Strips
- You need 1⁄2 cup Fresh Cilantro
- Use 1 packages 8 oz Bean Sprouts
- Prepare 1⁄2 cup Shreadded Carrots
- Prepare 5 large Thin Sliced Red Radishes
- Take 1 cup Finely Shreadded Cabbage
- Provide Shrimp
- Take 1 lb Miniature Pre-Cooked Shrimp [dethawed]
- Use 2 tbsp Thai Kitchen Premium Fish Sauce
- Provide 1⁄2 tsp Garlic Powder
- Provide 1⁄2 tsp Onion Powder
- Get 1⁄2 tsp Dried Crushed Cilantro
- Provide 1 tsp Cracked Black Pepper [optional]
- Take Optional Ingredients
- You need 2 Thai Birds Eye Or 2 Serrano Peppers [finely minced for optional chili sauce]
- Take 1⁄4 cup Rice Wine Vinager [for optional chili sauce]
- Take 1 1⁄2 tbsp Cornstarch [for optional chili sauce]
- You need 1 cup Peanut Sauce [garnish]
- Provide 4 tbsp Finely Chopped Peanuts [allergy warning - garnish]
Steps to make Mike's, "That's A Wrap!" Asian Lettuce Wraps:
- Medium heat fry all meat ingredients except for 1⁄4 cup fresh Cilantro, 1⁄4 teaspoon Chinese 5 Spice and 1⁄3 cup Beef Broth. Keep hamburger in larger chunks if possible. Be careful not to burn your garlic.
- Once hamburger is cooked, there should be no reason to drain any fat since you're using a 93% - 7% meat blend. This, "no drain," hamburger is also important since if you were to drain it, you'd loose the majority of your spices and smaller ingredients through your strainer.
- Frying at a higher heat, add 1⁄3 cup Beef Broth, 1⁄4 cup fresh Cilantro and 1⁄4 tsp Chinese 5 Spice, [you can add more 5 spice if you enjoy a stronger flavor] stir well and steam everything together with a tight fitting lid. Steam for approximately 5 minutes. You may need additional Beef Broth at the steam completion. You'll want a moist [not dripping] consistency to your meat mixture.
- After frying, plate up hamburger meat mixture in a serving bowl and set to the side.
- Chop all wrap filler vegetables, plate and chill.
- De-thaw shrimp in cool water.
- Paper towel dry shrimp.
- Add 2 tablespoons fish sauce to shrimp and add crushed Cilantro, powdered garlic and onion powder. Mix gently and well.
- Place shreadded cabbage in a seperate serving dish and pile miniature chilled shrimp atop cabbage.
- To prepare wraps, place warm meat atop chilled lettuce, then add any vegetable wrap toppings you and your guests may desire. Lastly, add additional Sriracha Chili Sauce, Fish Sauce, Hot Mustard, Soy Sauce, Peanut Sauce or your own homemade Thai Sweet Chili Sauce.
- Since you already have these ingredients on hand, why not make your own Thai Sweet & Spicy Chili Sauce? This is a recipe you can either fine chop by hand, [better] or puree in a blender to save some time.
- THAI SWEET & SPICY RED CHILI SAUCE - - [makes approximately 2 cups sauce] - - Ingredients: - - * 7 Large Garlic Cloves [crushed & finely minced] - - * 2 Small Birds Eye or Serrano Peppers [deseeded - finely minced] - - * 1 Small Jalapeño [deseeded - finely minced] - - [ * always wear gloves when working with peppers * ] - - * 2 teaspoon Sriracha Chili Sauce [for flavor & color] - - * 1 - 1⁄2 tablespoons Crushed Red Pepper Flakes - - * 1 tablespoon Fine Minced Ginger - - * 1⁄4 cup Rice Wine Vinegar - - * 1 tablespoon Thai Kitchen Premium Fish Sauce - - * 2⁄3 to 3⁄4 cup Granulated Sugar - - * 2⁄3 cup Water - - Directions: - - Boil ingredients for 5 - 7 minutes or until Red Pepper Flakes soften. Once boiled, mix these two ingredients very well in a separate, much smaller bowl: - - * 1-1⁄2 tablespoons Cornstarch - * 2 tablespoons Tap Water - - Add the cornstarch mixture slowly into your simmering chili sauce. Whisk and watch closely as your sauce thickens up. Be patient and give it a little time to thicken. You may not need all of your
- Use discretion if garnishing your wraps with both Soy Sauce and Fish Sauce after their construction. Both are very high in sodium and may overpower your dish with an extreme salty finish if used too heavily together.
If you find this Mike's, "That's A Wrap!" Asian Lettuce Wraps recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.