Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Mike's Beef Stew & Baguettes recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Mike's Beef Stew & Baguettes recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about In This Article We’re Going To Be Checking Out The Lots Of Benefits Of Coconut Oil.
Many individuals don’t understand that coconut oil has many benefits to it and is actually something you should be using on a regular basis. You are in addition going to find that there’s not just one specific benefit that’s related to coconut oil but the benefits can be vast. Something else I want to mention about the use of coconut oil is that it’s not only something which can be used internally or externally, it’s something that can be used for both. In the following paragraphs we are going to be looking at a few of the benefits that are related to the use of coconut oil in comparison with other oils.
For those of you who have difficulties losing a few pounds you are additionally going to discover that coconut oil increases metabolism which helps you lose some weight a lot easier. With regards to burning off calories and also burning off fat, you will find that coconut oil increases this by up to three times making it easier and faster to lose some weight. If you happen to be one of the men and women trying to lose weight in America today you’ll definitely discover that adding coconut oil into your daily routine is something that is going to be able to help you accomplish your goals. By speeding up your metabolism and burning off fat you need to also realize that this turns into energy in your body helping you feel more energized.
One more thing I would like to mention is that there’ve actually been research performed which show that coconut oil may have anti bacterial an antiviral effects on the body. For those of you who are looking to live a healthier life you will probably find that eliminating your traditional cooking oils and replace it with coconut oil can be an excellent place to begin. There are different vitamin businesses right now contemplating the thought of marketing coconut oil as a nutritional supplement, but you are able to begin receiving the benefits from this oil today.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to mike's beef stew & baguettes recipe. To cook mike's beef stew & baguettes you only need 19 ingredients and 20 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to cook Mike's Beef Stew & Baguettes:
- Provide 1 (4 lb) Prime Rib [bone in]
- Get 1⁄8 Cup Frying Oil
- Take 1 Cup AP Flour [add 1 tbs salt & 1 tbs cracked black pepper to flour]
- Take 1 can (28 oz) Crushed Tomatoes [with juice - use half]
- Use 1 can (6 oz) Tomato Paste [use 1⁄2]
- Get 4 boxes (23 oz) Swansons Beef Stock [reserve 1]
- You need 1⁄4 tsp Each: Dried Thyme - Dried Rosemary - Dried Basil - Dried Oregano
- You need 2 Whole Bay Leaves
- Use 1 pack (1 1⁄2 oz) McCormick Beef Stew Seasoning [this addition really does add an extra kick to your stew]
- Use 7 Cloves Fresh Garlic [smashed & minced]
- You need 1 Tbsp Granulated Onion Powder
- Use 3⁄4 Tbsp Black Pepper
- Use 2 Dashes Celery Seed
- Take 1 LG Tomato [large dice]
- You need 1⁄2 Cup Quality Burgundy Wine
- Prepare 2 Medium White Onions [rough chop]
- Get 1 Cup Celery [rinsed - 1" chop]
- Provide 1 1⁄2 Cups Carrots [rinsed - peeled & 1" chop]
- Get 5 Medium Idaho Potatoes [washed - peeled & chopped into 1" cubes]
Steps to make Mike's Beef Stew & Baguettes:
- Heat thick bottomed pot and add oil.
- Coat rib with flour, salt and pepper mixture on all sides. Including sides.
- Add prime rib to heated oil.
- Sear prime rib in oil. Prepare flour mixture with 1 tbs salt and 1 tbs black pepper.
- Sear on all sides - including sides until meat is throughly browned. This will pull the sugars in the meat to the top.
- Pull seared prime rib from pot and set to the side.
- Add a small amount of beef broth to pot. Bring up to a boil and scrape all of those delectable tid bits from the base of pot.
- Add all dried seasonings, wine, 1⁄2 of your tomato paste, garlic, McCormick packet, broth, [reserve 1 box] 1⁄2 of your canned tomatoes and 1 large diced tomato to the pot. Wisk well.
- Add prime rib to pot. Simmer on medium for 3 hours covered. Or longer, until your meat is melt in your mouth tender. Carefully flip prime rib over 1⁄2 way through your simmer. Stir stew regularly.
- Pull your prime rib. Allow to cool just slightly.
- Skim any floating fat from the top of broth with a ladle as there will be some. It's easy to remove. 1st picture: floating fat. 2nd picture: fat removed.
- Fat removed.
- Chop your vegetables. Peel and chop your potatoes last. Otherwise, they'll brown. If you do decide to chop them early, place them in a bowl fully covered in ice water.
- Add your vegetables to pot.
- Chop your prime rib into 1" pieces. Disgard any fat that's attached.
- Add meat to pot.
- Add additional broth as needed. Simmer until carrots and potatoes are tender. About a half an hour. Your potatoes will absorb quite a bit of your original fluids so know additional broth might be needed.
- Baguettes are a sturdy bread capable of holding up to a hot, heavy broth. Slice your pre-baked baguette bread into 4" pieces, lightly coat with EVOO or butter and toast in the oven at 350° for 7 to 10 minutes. Or, until bread is crispy. You can also serve it fresh.
- Plate stew and garnish with fresh parsley. Serve with warm baguette bread.
If you find this Mike's Beef Stew & Baguettes recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.